Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liverpool Fans in Athens!
This is going to turn into a disaster! Why so many people go to a match without a ticket! :roll: Lets hope the usual problems do not occur with this mob of people! Confusedhock:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:This is going to turn into a disaster! Why so many people go to a match without a ticket! :roll: Lets hope the usual problems do not occur with this mob of people! Confusedhock:

CNN says as many as 5,000 forged tickets may have been sold. German news media estimate as high as 10,000. Somebody is going to be very pissed off when they get to the stadium doors...

Seriously, why not just go the Roman way and provide it all free?
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
And who will pay? :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Sponsors, tv channels. They pay silly amounts anyways. Otherwise it'll be up to the local taxpayer to pay for all the police...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
That is what I was thinking Jasper! I doubt the Greeks would be up to fronting such a bill after the Olympics. But what you suggest makes sense., but you still have a limit on seating capacity! So who would choose who got tickets? That would be another kettle of fish, or ugly can of worms!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
The Greek police have some pintball guns which they will mark troublesome Brits with Big Grin

lets hope they are not using red paint eh :wink:
Conal Moran

Do or do not, there is no try!
Yoda
Well as long as thats all it takes. The thing I noticed in Athens was the lack of trouble, and many police with machineguns. And the fact that they are not so under the thumb that they shy from cuffing troublesome kids on the ear!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Well my sympathy to Liverpool, and I guess the after match behaviour was not as bad as I expected...... 8)
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goooo oooonnnnn Liverpool!!!!!!!!! Tarbicus 15 2,826 05-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Sassanid