Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HscP4rStcmA

Perhaps this is more tastefull? Wish I could understand German.... :? lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Ave Byron,

the artist of that cartoon is known for his drastic language and having no respect for anything. His most (in)famous character is the ‘Little Asshole’, which looks similar to this ‘Adolf’.

In the clip, Adolf and his dog are in a small bunker in a desert of ruins. The grafiti on the wall says: Nazi go home.
Adolf complains, that all military units are lost and no one still listens to him. But he won’t surrender – he still is a might person, being at war with 53 nations simultaneously and having 3 meters of concrete above him.
The chorus sings: Adolf, you nazi-pig, finally surrender!
But when the camera zooms out at the end, he tells his dog, that the war still might be won. Most certainly will be won…
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
That's hilarious, Gaius. It's based on Moers' "Adolf" cartoons, which have been around for a while. I remember when they first came out, there was a bit of an uproar in Germany, since many people still thought it was too serious a topic to use for comedic purposes. This has changed in the last 10 years or so, however. It's really an interesting development in Germany. Just last year, a live-action comedy movie about Hitler was released, unthinkable only 20 years ago (and the director is a German jew, so much about how things have changed in Germany). I think it is a natural development. After the shock phase of "what have we done" comes now a phase where Germans can actually reduce Hitler and nazism to what it also really was (apart from the monstrosities and crimes): Totally stupid and ridiculous.

As to this thread in general, being German I can understand the problems the German posters have with using the swastika. I also find it kind of interesting that Germans were sort of accused of NOT be willing to use a swastika/being too sensitive etc. We have come a long way ;-) )
And I have to say I'm kind of proud of what my generation in Germany has accomplished re. confessing to our country's crimes, trying to make up for them and trying to prevent them from ever happening again.
Aka
Christoph
Yep. And then there those cool cars.... 8) (mind you, I think the new beetle is a bit gay...) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Yep. And then there those cool cars.... 8) (mind you, I think the new beetle is a bit gay...) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here in the US, cars like that are lovingly called:
Chick cars ;-) )
Aka
Christoph
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:2u0jnz87 Wrote:Yep. And then there those cool cars.... 8) (mind you, I think the new beetle is a bit gay...) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here in the US, cars like that are lovingly called:
Chick cars ;-) )

You allow women to Drive!!!!!!? Confusedhock: Are you guys nuts??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah that too, but here in Europe, guys drive small cars too! I drive a small japanese 2 seater! :lol: Not a Mazda miata either! :x
12+years old and still going strong! Can't afford a porsche.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q315 ... 005107.jpg
But need to get something a little more practical, as can't fit my scutum in it! Sad lol: :lol: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
[b]The “Friendly Face of Fascismâ€
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Confusedhock:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and no........ i wont be attending the G8 demonstrations in Germany.........

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Why? Didn't they invite you either? :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
YUP i was not invited!! I have however sent some negotiators, demanding free passage and tribute, or hostages, and if they dont agree, ill send 5 legions to the site......

no one mocks Rome!

HAHAHAHAHA

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
:lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Squatting movement.

Aren't those words a contradiction? :twisted:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
No, no, remember frog-jumping at school?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
You jumped on frogs at school? Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New "Roman" Abomination on the market jkaler48 3 1,244 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  New Releases of Roman Movies on the Market (VHS, DVD, etc.) Restitvtvs 1 1,090 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat