Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market)
Quote:So I really don’t understand why there’s such an uprising now to force Deepeeka manufacturing a different model, that will cause problems for RAT-comrades in Germany or Austria and probably not be welcome on many events in other European counties? Especially, when the original didn’t have such a symbol? :roll:

Since I am one of those being implied here and since (I think) I know what I meant when I posted, I'd like to comment to clarify what I said due to the stated lack of understanding.

1. Deepeeka is currently producing a pugio made after the Melun version. It does not have a swastika (and no one was arguing it originally did). This Melun pugio was selected as a model specifically to replace two prototypes with swastikas, copied from the Obmann book. People who cannot have swastika, will be able to buy the Melun version. That's that. It is there. Their situation and choice is respected by the production of the Melun version.

2. Now, the question was asked (not a demand made) by some, including myself, whether it would be possible for Deepeeka - ALONG with the Melun version - to produce some of the pugiones like those two prototypes copied from the Obmann book. I thought, in that case, people who cannot have a swastika on their pugio, can buy the Melun version, and people who can and want to, would be able to by "the Obmann book" version. I thought the existence of both variants - with and without swastika - takes the preferences of a wider group of people into account.

I was not arguing for it - just asked the question. I did not want to exclude anyone - the Melun version is there. I did not anticipate the resentment the question caused, and I apologize for bringing it up.
M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER
(Alexander Kyrychenko)
LEG XI CPF

quando omni flunkus, mortati

Messages In This Thread
Re: Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market) - by M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER - 05-27-2007, 01:53 AM
The nazis and the swastika - by Celer - 05-27-2007, 06:50 AM
sigh - by Caius Fabius - 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Re: sigh - by Tarbicus - 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Re: sigh - by Magnus - 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New "Roman" Abomination on the market jkaler48 3 1,250 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  New Releases of Roman Movies on the Market (VHS, DVD, etc.) Restitvtvs 1 1,106 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat