Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More provincials whining
So we let ol' Francis off the hook this time? What d'you say Matt? <p></p><i></i>
Nope. Would the Roman's have let Francis off the hook? Prolly not, they would have put him <em>on</em> the hook! <p><br>
Magnus/Matt<br>
Optio<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" </p><i></i>
The worst sort of revisionism is religious, especially for us Romans. It can have its fun, such as one event when we ended up being harangued by a Leveler preacher all the way through our dedication to Mithras, but there is also a rather creepy aspect to the slant taken by revisionist fundamentalist historians. The worst book of this type I read was 'Caligula, divine carnage'. Beware!!<br>
Celer. <p></p><i></i>
Marcus<br>
<br>
I find it funny that you have brought up religion, we always find it amusing that most of our gladiatorial group is made up of Christians and that it is Christians that are often claimed to have ended the gladiatorial games (I know there is debate over that). We didn't start it that way we just got chatting and found out that most of us were!<br>
<br>
Perhaps we should start to revise the history of the games ...<br>
<br>
I have read Caligula: Divine Carnage what a strange book.<br>
<br>
All the best<br>
<br>
Graham <p></p><i></i>
Strange is not the word. That guy needs help!<br>
<br>
Religion is never usually a problem within the unit. We have everything from new age to born again to agnostic in our unit, and that never gets in the way of fun, everyone joins in our altar ceremony to Mithras (doesn't work, it always rains). Just occasionally you do get the odd awkward one in the audience though. What's it like in America?<br>
<br>
Celer. <p></p><i></i>
Caligula; Divine Carnage is a very odd book. Rather compelling to read just because it's so curious. <p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..