Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trier
Excuse my ignorance, (perhaps there is a separate forum for this kind of question) but have there recently been Roman army reenactments in the vicinity of Trier, Germany?

Or ones scheduled in the near future--this year or next?

Is there a "master schedule" for reenactments?
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
Hi Ron,
Well, the RAT calendar was supposed to be the master schedule, but it depends too much on the goodwill of members to add their events. Also, it's in a somewhat out of the way page.
I'm seriously considering to transfer the whole calendar thing to Ancient-Warfare magazine. Since that is my job, I have an excuse for spending some time every day to add new events. Maybe even get an intern to keep it updated at some point. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:have there recently been Roman army reenactments in the vicinity of Trier, Germany?
I do not know; but when I visited Trier last year, there were reenactors at the Porta Nigra, and I saw advertisements for a show - if I remember correctly, it was some sort of play called The Centurio's Secret.

Quote:Excuse my ignorance
Never, never apologize for asking questions. Ignorance is what we share with all creatures; asking questions is what made humankind great. What is inexcusable, is not asking questions. (If this sounds as if I am some sort of teacher, it is because I am a teacher.) :wink:
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Hi Ron,

Are you thinking of going there?

We last talked about it here: http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic. ... ight=trier

Btw, I moved your question to the evnts section.

Teacher Jona is right - ignorance is why we set up this forum, so we can share our ignorance and learn from each other! :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Events! Why didn't I think of that?

Not this year, but I hope to get back to Europe again some day and hoped that my twin interests in Trier as a Roman city and in Roman reenactments could be satisfied simultaneously.

Speaking of which, I'm sure to go to England. Are there active--as in recurring, so I can plan ahead to attend--reenactments there?
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea