Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Journal of Late Antiquity (JLA)
JOURNAL of LATE ANTIQUITY

The Johns Hopkins University Press

The Journal of Late Antiquity (JLA) is a multi-disciplinary
and inter-disciplinary journal covering the world of Late Antiquity, broadly defined, including the late Roman, western European, Byzantine, Sassanid, and Islamic worlds, ca. AD 250-800 (i.e. the late and post-classical world up to the Carolingian period). JLA also fills a serious void in the English-language scholarship, for there currently is no English-language journal devoted to Late Antiquity. JLA will provide space for scholarship dealing with both practical and theoretical issues and will bridge the gap between literary and material culture scholarship. JLA also will serve an advocacy role for late antique scholarship by providing not only a previously lacking publication venue for all late antique scholars but also a venue for emerging late antique scholars who have trouble finding the proper niche for publication. JLA will accommodate not only for medium and (if deemed particularly significant) longer length articles specifically devoted to original research, but also for brief notes discussing significant observations that might not otherwise find their way into the scholarship.

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS

Scholars of Late Antiquity are invited to submit previously unpublished material for consideration for publication in JLA. Contributions should have a clearly stated thesis and argument firmly based in the use of primary source material We particularly encourage submissions relating to the relationship between material culture and traditional literary sources. If there is a single theme that we would expect all of the contributions to manifest, it would be that in some manner they illuminate Late Antiquity as a discrete period with its own unique identifying characteristics.

Submissions may be forwarded in e-format (WORD or
WORDPERFECT) to
Ralph W. Mathisen, Managing Editor, at [email protected]
and [email protected]

Queries on books for consideration for review may be forwarded to one of the JLA Review Editors: Hagith Sivan ( [email protected] ), Richard Lim ( [email protected] ), or Dennis Trout ( [email protected] )

SUBSCRIPTIONS

One-Year Subscriptions to JLA are available at the following rates:

Individuals (paper OR online) $30.00
Institutions (paper OR online) $75.00
Institutions (paper AND online) $105.00

To subscribe, call 1-410-516-6987 or tollfree, 1-800-548-1784

For further information about JLA, contact Ralph Mathisen ( [email protected] or [email protected] )
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Submissions may be forwarded in e-format (WORD or WORDPERFECT)
Wordperfect? Confusedhock: Does anybody still use it?
** Vincula/Lucy **
Quote:
Quote:Submissions may be forwarded in e-format (WORD or WORDPERFECT)
Wordperfect? Confusedhock: Does anybody still use it?
Yes, I. WP 5.1 was one of the latest wordprocessors that could be used without mouse. It is faster than MS Word. There is also a much greater freedom to insert special signs. On the other hand, it gives you less opportunity to insert pictures, but that is something I hardly ever do. Best of all, there are no viruses.

There used to be a WordPerfect 5.1 Preservation Society.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I would any change that horrible WORD for WP, where I can see what I'm doing!! :evil:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Life in Late Antiquity by Kristina Sessa Lothia 1 756 05-09-2021, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Violence in Late Antiquity. Perceptions and Practices. Ioannis 0 1,050 09-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Ioannis