Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A great holiday start for a fisherman!
Well, I just made my record of trout with netfishing two days ago, a nice, fat lake trout (5,2 kilos) from our summer house. Just ate half of it with my family Tongue ....
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
The things you can do with Photoshop these days!

"It was THIS big. Honest!"

:wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:The things you can do with Photoshop these days!

You know, that was EXACTLY the sentence I wanted to post when watching that picture! Honest! Confusedhock:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
That is a beaut Virilis.......how far from Chernobyl are you? :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:That is a beaut Virilis.......how far from Chernobyl are you? :lol:
I can hear John Lennon singing "Jealous Guy" in my ears :twisted: ...Wasn`t Tchernobyl in Ukraine??!!

Photoshop, whats that :wink: !?
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
:lol: Don't care of them Jyrki, but tell me how you cooked that beast...

Vale,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Quote::lol: Don't care of them Jyrki, but tell me how you cooked that beast...

Vale,
Well, I made two huge fillets of the fish. One of the fillets we ate in the weekend, put it in smaller pieces and cooked it in the oven with some tomatoes, lemon and spring onions. I have to say it was delicious 8) ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
It is definately a whopper there mate! 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yumm, good. If you have some fillets yet, you could try a delicious "risotto ai filetti di trota" from Italy. Here the simple recipe goes:

400 gr. italian carnaroli rice
1/2 l. white wine
600 gr. trout fillets
100 gr. extra vergin olive oil
a little onion
a little of coriander
1 clove of garlic
50 gr. butter
1,5 l. of fish stock

1) Fry lightly in the oil (50 gr.) the finely chopped garlic.

2) After 30-40 seconds add the fillets and lightly brown them. Garlic has not to become brown.

3) Add the wine and some of the chopped coriander. Cook lightly till the wine and the oil will become creamy together. Take away from the fire.

4) In an another large pan fry lightly in the oil (50gr.) the finely chopped onion and before it becomes brown add the rice and toast on a medium fire it till it's almost transparent. Don't burn the onion.

5) Add ladles of stock till to cover the rice and bring it to a medium boil, often stir. Anytime the stock is become creamy, add ladles of stock just to cover the rice and so on, till bringing the rice well cooked.

6) At the half of cooking, add the half of the fillets and their creamy juice.

7) When the rice is lovely "snappy" in an absolutely "creamy" juice (no more liquid stock in it), turn off the gasfire, add the butter and stir for a couple of minuts yet.

8 ) Dish out in warm dishes and put in any dish upon the rice the remaining fillets and their creamy juice.

9) Add freshly chopped coriander too and immediately serve.

Vale,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

Not bad catching that with a comp bow really.
Ainsley
Wandering Soldier
Quote:Yumm, good. If you have some fillets yet, you could try a delicious "risotto ai filetti di trota" from Italy. Here the simple recipe goes:

400 gr. italian carnaroli rice
1/2 l. white wine
600 gr. trout fillets
100 gr. extra vergin olive oil
a little onion
a little of coriander
1 clove of garlic
50 gr. butter
1,5 l. of fish stock

1) Fry lightly in the oil (50 gr.) the finely chopped garlic.

2) After 30-40 seconds add the fillets and lightly brown them. Garlic has not to become brown.

3) Add the wine and some of the chopped coriander. Cook lightly till the wine and the oil will become creamy together. Take away from the fire.

4) In an another large pan fry lightly in the oil (50gr.) the finely chopped onion and before it becomes brown add the rice and toast on a medium fire it till it's almost transparent. Don't burn the onion.

5) Add ladles of stock till to cover the rice and bring it to a medium boil, often stir. Anytime the stock is become creamy, add ladles of stock just to cover the rice and so on, till bringing the rice well cooked.

6) At the half of cooking, add the half of the fillets and their creamy juice.

7) When the rice is lovely "snappy" in an absolutely "creamy" juice (no more liquid stock in it), turn off the gasfire, add the butter and stir for a couple of minuts yet.

8 ) Dish out in warm dishes and put in any dish upon the rice the remaining fillets and their creamy juice.

9) Add freshly chopped coriander too and immediately serve.

Vale,
Grazie mille! Provero subito. Sara buonissimo! Per tutti i tipi di capelli (this last sentence I learned from a shampoo bottle when I was 10 years old :wink: !)
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
:lol: :lol:

Vale,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

That's one fine fish Jyrki ! Well done Smile

When I was a kid some of my neighbours used to go away trout fishing in the Orkney Islands. They'd bring back loads of fish and dish it out amongst the neighbours. My mom used to bake it wrapped in foil with oil butter, herbs and dill, and sometimes, almonds.
Lovely!
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Yes Memmia, you`re right! Dill is the "must" ingredient in many fish dishes. Perhaps my favourite way to prepare salmon is with open fire, fillet nailed on a plank of a pine wood and then you brush it with salt water so it doesn`t dry and you let it cook slowly. You serve it with a melted butter, lemon and dill and famous finnish new potatoes...

Still my favourite fish is the common good old perch :wink: ....
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX