Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome the TV show
So what your saying then Jim, is that, in order for whats-his-name to appear buff in that scene, they needed special effects!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFL

Actually, I noticed he was looking pretty flabby at the start of series 2, then in the final show, when he should have been a physical wreck from all the drugs and booze he was consuming, he looked in a fitter condition!
The miracles of modern technology, eh! :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:So what your saying then Jim, is that, in order for whats-his-name to appear buff in that scene, they needed special effects!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFL

Actually, I noticed he was looking pretty flabby at the start of series 2, then in the final show, when he should have been a physical wreck from all the drugs and booze he was consuming, he looked in a fitter condition!
The miracles of modern technology, eh! :roll:

OOOH! Put your claws away, gentlemen! :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Caracalla, I had an almighty shock when I realised that it was James Purefoy as he had played a young priest in the series 'Father Ted' before. Being a Catholic, this messed my head up a little bit :lol:
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Quote:So what your saying then Jim, is that, in order for whats-his-name to appear buff in that scene, they needed special effects!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFL
Well, no, not really. Let's just say 99% of the body was real.... :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I think I've found the show's inspiration for the 'scaled' shoulder pieces on the hamata.

[Image: legioner02.jpg]
http://ancientrome.ru/publik/kolobov/kolob05.htm
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Mighty small grip on that glaius! Confusedhock:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Maius, I hope the 2 hour movie is more than your and many others wishful thinking. I WANT(need) MORE Rome. Scantily clad women in a Roman themed show is hard to top.

Renius/Greg German
Renius/Greg German
Legio VI FFC
Renius, you need to enter your real name into your signature. It's a forum rule.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:3askt3xf Wrote:So what your saying then Jim, is that, in order for whats-his-name to appear buff in that scene, they needed special effects!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFL
Well, no, not really. Let's just say 99% of the body was real.... :wink:

Hi all

I think its called (touching up) in the magizine world
they did it to a pitcher of kieth richers of rolling stones and i tell you they made him look fine Big Grin
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Quote:they did it to a pitcher of kieth richers of rolling stones and i tell you they made him look fine Big Grin
Hmmm, the bit I'm talking about would need to stay a bit wrinkly to be convincing.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Hmmm, I obviously wasn't paying attention! Must have been looking at something else in that scene! :lol: :wink:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
They did it in 300

Go Bua
Quote:Hi all

I think its called (touching up) in the magizine world

Quote:They did it in 300

What ? They touched each other up in 300 ? Confusedhock: I must have seen the censored version! :wink:
:lol:
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Hi

I mean the bodys were touched up :wink: before the film was lanched.

(some of the cast did not get in shape in time)

sorry to have burst the bubble so to speak :oops:

Go Bua