Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome: Total Realism 7
Hello this is my second post here and I am happy to show you guys previews of the upcoming RTR 7! I have ordered my subscription for ancient warfare magazine which led me to this website.

This game will be the most historically accurate modification for Rome Total War. Just like the previous version (RTR 6.0 Gold) it encompasses the entirety of the Roman world and all of its many inhabitants. The previous version can be found and downloaded from this website: www.totalrealism.net/

Here are some previews from RTR 7:

Roman Legionaries
[Image: 53458826af0hw8uu3.jpg]
Celtiberian Scutarii
[Image: celtiberianscutariils0qn8.jpg]

[Image: celtiberianscutarii2qw3ka5.jpg]
The children of Doom...Doom\'\'s children. They told my lord the way to the mountain of power. They told him to throw down his sword and return to the earth...HA!! time enough for the earth in the grave.

James
Carthaginian sacred band
[Image: sacredbandyw2wu3.jpg]

Iberian elite Scutarii
[Image: iberianelitescutarii2leqc6.jpg]

Some more Carthaginians
[Image: carthcitizensik6nw7.jpg]
The children of Doom...Doom\'\'s children. They told my lord the way to the mountain of power. They told him to throw down his sword and return to the earth...HA!! time enough for the earth in the grave.

James
Some Getai people

[Image: getgv5db4.jpg]

Here is another Celtiberian Scutarii
[Image: celtiberianscutarii3jp5xq7.jpg]

Celtiberian Caetrati
[Image: celtiberiancaetratiws1jt0.jpg]

James
Pre Marian Polybian centurion
[Image: romancenturionpolybiusjji0.jpg]

Cretan archer
[Image: preview7fo1fa6.jpg]

Other assorted units
[Image: allrtr7unitsdc0oo8.jpg]

I hope you like the historically accurate units of RTR 7 and will highly anticipate the release of the modification which is for RTW Barbarian invasion...Hell it is a free download!

James
Almost looks as good as Roma Surrectum :wink:

But I may try it soon. I have a clean RTW install on my comp that's itching for a mod...
"Marcus Hortensius Castus"
or, to those interested,
"Kyle Horton"

formerly Horton III
Looking great! I can't wait for 7.0 i've been a big fan of RTR for over a year now, and i'm still hooked on RTRPE, and 7.0 looks even better Big Grin
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
James, that looks really good!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Almost looks as good as Roma Surrectum :wink:

But I may try it soon. I have a clean RTW install on my comp that's itching for a mod...
I love Roma Surrectum and it does have some pretty sweet unit skins but 7.0 outshines them because the level of detail in things such as the swords and helmets etc. is simply unmatched. I think they increased the resolution considerably aswell.

Take a look at how huge RTR 7's map is! (note the picture is from the beta)
[Image: mapofitalynl0.jpg]

Here are the factions in RTR 7 (very historically accurate for the time frame 280 BC +) :

1. Roman Republic

2. Aedui Confederacy
They will replace the Gaul faction.

3. Suebii Confederacy
Replacing the germans.

4. Getae
Replacing the thracians.

5. Ardiaei
Replacing the illyrians.

6. Epirote Kingdom
They will be using one of the freed faction slots in BI.

7. Seleucid Kingdom

8. Pontic Kingdom

9. Armenia

10. Parthia
They will start in Daha, north of the historical province of parthia.

11. Bactrian Kingdom
The only emerging faction, they'll emerge in ~250BC. The triggers for their rebellion arent fully decided yet. They will be fully playable in their own campaign. (More explanations below)

12. Ptolemaic Kingdom

13. Achaean League
They will replace the greek faction.

14. Sarmatians
They are the only barbarian faction that will be depicted as a group rather than a single tribe or confederacy. They will start as a horde.

15. Tribus Massylii (beware this may contain typos!)
They will replace the numidians.

16. Celtiberians
Replacing the iberian faction.

17. Antigonid Kingdom
They will start with only corinth and some nearby greek islands such as chalcis. After a couple years they'll have the chance to win macedonia proper in a historical battle against the gallic hordes that invaded greece. If the player wins, he gets macedonia, and if he looses he will have to conquer macedonia on his own. When the AI controls them, they'll simply get those territories in some years, assuming they arent eliminated in the first few turns.

18. Carthage

19. Mini faction
A mini faction is a localized settlement or group of settlements based upon the AOR of the region. Only important independant cities and minor factions will be part of the mini faction slot, they will work together with the cities they are allied to, defensively and offensively, as well as recieving certain diplomatic abilities. All of them will be condensed in one faction slot. Some examples: Britain, Maurya, Nabatea, Bosphoran kingdom, all the Secondary factions that arent in the game (read below to understand what secondary faction is). We dont have a finalised list yet, so suggestions are welcome.

20. Counter faction (or Secondary faction)
This is THE main feature of 7.0 (after the map, the new scripts and BI). I'd think most people here havent heard of the "unlimited faction" concept. It's rather simple. You have 19 base factions (18 in our case), and batch files, that change the txt files, and turn the empty slot in whatever faction we please. Due to our campaign system in 7.0 (which is explained below), we will change this slot to a faction that had a significant impact in the base faction.

So if you play as:
Rome
You'll face the Roman rebels. The roman rebels represent the senate (more info on that once we can get a Roman preview up and running), slave rebelions, gladiatorial uprisings, or any kind of rebelion that may happen. It will also be used to simulate civil wars. They will obviously not be playable.

Aedui
You'll have to fight the Arveni for supremacy in Gaul. They are playable.

Suebii
You'll struggle with the Chatti. They are playable.

Getae
You'll face the Bastarnae. They are playable.

Ardiaei
You'll meet the Aetolian league. They are playable.

Epirus
You'll encounter Syracuse as an organized faction. They are playable.

Seleucids
You'll have to deal with the Seleucid pretenders. The pretenders will trigger a civil war. They will obviously not be playable.

Pontus
You'll face Pergamon. They are playable.

Armenia
You'll have to fight with Iberia (the caucasian one, not spain). They are playable.

Parthia
You'll have to deal with Persian Rebels. They represent the Persian nobility that used to rebel every once in while in the Parthian Empire. They'll trigger civil wars. They will obviously not be playable.

Bactria
You'll struggle with the Sakae. They are playable.

Ptolemaics
You'll encounter the Egyptian rebels. They will obviously not be playable.

Achaeans
You'll face the mighty of Sparta. They are playable.

Sarmatians
You'll meet the Roxolani. They are playable.

Tribus Massylii
You'll eventually see the rise of Mauretania. They are playable.

Celtiberi
You'll face the Lusitanians. They are playable.

Antigonids
You'll have to fight the Galatians (the ones that stayed in Greece). They are playable.

Carthage
You'll face the carthaginian rebels. They'll be used to represent a number of revolts, such as mercenary rebelions, libyan revolts, senate, civil wars. They will obviously not be playable.

Campaign System

This is just a small appendix to explain how campaigns will work in 7.0.

Each of the 18 base factions will have it's own campaign. This makes it a lot easier for us to work, since we can add a lot more depth to each campaign, and also gives us the opportunity to add the secondary factions. Before starting the game you'll have to choose a .bat file, which corresponds to the faction you want to play as, and start the campaign. After that you'll only be able to play as the selected faction, and possibly it's secondary faction, depending on which faction you chose.

Also There might be a script that allows you to play s historical figures such as hannibal, barca Caeser etc.

James
Roma Serrectum?

What is this?

And when is the RTR 7 version being released? Can you just add it over version 6? It looks great, anyway! Still playing RTR 6 quite happily tho.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
@conan, I take it you're a member of twcenter.net? That's alot of factions, adn that map is pretty durn big. Mundus, right? RS2 is going to have that one methinks. I love the bigger maps.

@Gaius, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251 is the site for Roma Surrectum (Rome Arises). It's a GREAT mod, with 35 named legions post-marian reforms, and various other awesome units and skinning. The whole RTW has been revamped and now you have to fight for the life of your faction before you can even start to think about world conquest. It's superb, really superb. I've not played RTR at all, but it looks good.

ALSO, Conan, is RTR 7 a BI mod?
or, to those interested,
"Kyle Horton"

formerly Horton III
Ahhhhh, I don't want to lose my place in my current campaign, but this sounds GREAT!!!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Gaius, you can have more than one mod. PM me and I'll give you the info on how to do it. I had to figure it out, as there are so many awesome mods I wanted to play, but didn't want to have to choose.
or, to those interested,
"Kyle Horton"

formerly Horton III
Quote:@conan, I take it you're a member of twcenter.net?
Yup and the Rome Total Realism forum before it went down which is where I heard pf ancient warfare magazine. I just wanted to spread the word onto this forum just incase no body knew what was happening.

Quote:ALSO, Conan, is RTR 7 a BI mod?

Indeed it is.

So all of the goodies of BI (barbarian invasion) will be available for RTR 7.

Quote:And when is the RTR 7 version being released? Can you just add it over version 6? It looks great, anyway! Still playing RTR 6 quite happily tho.

RTR 7 will need a clean RTW and clean BI and some patches possibly inorder for it to function. RTR 7 is a long time away.
Quote:Ahhhhh, I don't want to lose my place in my current campaign, but this sounds GREAT!!!

You can always have multiple copies of RTW on your hard drive so that you can have multiple mods that you can play. and you can also find your saved campaign file and rename it.

James
I wonder, one thing I didn´t like about RTR 6 were those kataphraktoi carrying bows, do they still carry them?
AKA Inaki
Quote:I wonder, one thing I didn´t like about RTR 6 were those kataphraktoi carrying bows, do they still carry them?

Don't know but if that unit historically did carry bows than you can be sure that they will have them.

James

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,240 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,897 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 90,411 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67