Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome: Total Realism 7
Did they lay some wup-ass on your boys Aryaman? :lol:

I lost a battle to thoses pesky Macedonians last night! Confusedhock: :oops:

Hope they wont be in 7 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Did they lay some wup-ass on your boys Aryaman? :lol:

I lost a battle to thoses pesky Macedonians last night! Confusedhock: :oops:

Hope they wont be in 7 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol the macedonian faction will be gone...but the Antigonid Kingdom will be in.
The children of Doom...Doom\'\'s children. They told my lord the way to the mountain of power. They told him to throw down his sword and return to the earth...HA!! time enough for the earth in the grave.

James
Quote:
Aryaman2:1ws6be2y Wrote:I wonder, one thing I didn´t like about RTR 6 were those kataphraktoi carrying bows, do they still carry them?

Don't know but if that unit historically did carry bows than you can be sure that they will have them.
Au contraire, there is no proof for the RTR period of kataphraktoi carrying bows, so I hoped they are removed.
When I Play RTR the main problem, as always, is the weak AI. I have played sometimes with automatic resolution for battles to favour the AI, but then you are compelled to built only infantry, cavalry is expensive and apparently useless, the opposite to what I do when I play battles. That is not only with RTR, Europa Barbarorum has the same problem, despite the nice effort to make the campaign tougher.
AKA Inaki
Well the Ai should be improved based on the fact that it is on Barbarian Invasion now.
The children of Doom...Doom\'\'s children. They told my lord the way to the mountain of power. They told him to throw down his sword and return to the earth...HA!! time enough for the earth in the grave.

James
I still did not see this Europa Barbarorum on the site, i must be doing something wrong! :? is it the mod for BI?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I still did not see this Europa Barbarorum on the site, i must be doing something wrong! :? is it the mod for BI?

Here is their website: http://www.europabarbarorum.com/

James
Thanks a lot! Big Grin
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Look great this game. It is a patch to Rome: Total War isn't it?
I only play the normal Rome: TW. And the expansions. (And the other Total War games, except for Shogun:TW)
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
Quote:Look great this game. It is a patch to Rome: Total War isn't it?
I only play the normal Rome: TW. And the expansions. (And the other Total War games, except for Shogun:TW)

No, it isn't a "patch" for Rome: Total War. It is a full conversion modification made by a group of fans that saw that Rome: Total War was so outrageously unhistorical that they decided to make their own game.

I am sorry to hear that you only play expansions as Rome total realism is much more fun and historically accurate than the vanilla versions. If you decide to change your mind here is the RTR website: www.totalrealism.net/ After playing RTR 6 you will see that RTW looks incredibly goofy to be honest what with inferior looking textures (historically and graphically), onagers that wipe out armies, flaming pigs and a weird ahistorical 3 roman family faction deal etc.

Hell it is a free download

James
Yes, but someone said me you needed version 1.2 of RTW before you could install RTR. I don't know if it's true anyway... But if you've installed RTR, can you still play the normal Rome:TW?
Valete,
LEG XI CPF

MA in History
Quote:Yes, but someone said me you needed version 1.2 of RTW before you could install RTR. I don't know if it's true anyway... But if you've installed RTR, can you still play the normal Rome:TW?

www.totalrealism.net/download.html
There is the installation instructions.

If you want to be able to play the original, simply copy a fresh installation of Rome: Total War and name the new copy something else. Then when you want to play it rename it back to Rome : Total War (renaming the other copy something else).

James
I have a problem, maybe someone could help me.
I want to install RTR, but my internetconnection isn't very stable. It's 8 minutes connection, one not, 7 minutes, one not, 9 minutes, one not, ... You understand.
Now, my question: can someone send the file to me by email? Or is it too heavy? I think it is, but maybe...? :? Or in a zip?
Valete,
LEG XI CPF

MA in History
I think it's too big to be sent like that, but perhaps it could be downloaded via a torrent (I'm presuming that torrents for free software like RTR are ok to be talked about?).
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
Out of place question perhaps, but here is goes anyway.

Does anybody know how, if possible, to play RTW (including RTWR) on a Debian 4.0 Linux system? I have tried both Wine/Wine-Doors without sucess, and apparently Cedega will not run it either.

Any hope?
Quote:I think it's too big to be sent like that, but perhaps it could be downloaded via a torrent (I'm presuming that torrents for free software like RTR are ok to be talked about?).

It's already ok. Finally! 8)

Edit: but now I get an error. "Filename does not exist: éÖà?" or something like that. Anyone knows a solution? Sad
Valete,
LEG XI CPF

MA in History

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,216 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,877 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 89,975 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM