Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome: Total Realism 7
Sry, I cannot help you, I've only a few remarks/questions about the mod.

What method for turns do you have? One turn a year, half a year or a quarter?

Do you have special traits like EB? Scripted events? (I read that about the Antigonids and it sounds nice)

Do you have revised buildings/ additional buildings? In EB I am able to manage (some) huge towns with very high taxes and a green smiley, what I never could do in RTW.

The units look great, but why is every unit wearing the crude examples of Roman caligae, like in vanilla?

I stopped playing RTW only a few weeks after release, I was very disappointed from the vanilla game. When I tried M2TW I found EB by coincidence and played no other game since (despite some concerns about the historical correctness of some EB units), but I'm always ready to give another mod a chance.
Wolfgang Zeiler
Suggestion for the Romans when you play them: The Social War. The Samnites and Italics rebel against Roman rule, the pretnse being that Rome was denying them voting rights. Big war. Sulla and many generals came into their own during this war.
Michael D. Hafer [aka Mythos Ruler, aka eX | Vesper]
In peace men bury their fathers. In war men bury their sons.
RTW Vanilla was pretty horrendous...

I mean... their idea of combatting elephants was to take a hundred pigs and SET THEM ON FIRE and hope they scare them? I mean... I know there are a rare few accounts of this actually happening... but I don't think it belongs in this game.

The Pigs and Wardogs really degrade the experience...

The RTR mod is pretty nice, though.

- Chris K
Where is RTR 6 documented (ie. what it changes, what the new rules are, and why someone should play it rather than another mod), anyways? The official site just has a download link. I may get around to downloading a mod next Christmas break when I have time for computer games again.
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
Few days i started to play Europa Barbarorum, a very nice mod. The only thing which gets me confused ir enormous amount of units Smile ) twisted:
Daumantas Kiulkys
I'm still playing RTR, after I was about to move past Rome Total War..... :oops:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Out of place question perhaps, but here is goes anyway.

Does anybody know how, if possible, to play RTW (including RTWR) on a Debian 4.0 Linux system? I have tried both Wine/Wine-Doors without sucess, and apparently Cedega will not run it either.

Any hope?

If Cedega doesn't run it I think you're out of luck as far as windows emulators (or 'compatability layers' as they prefer to call it :roll: ) go.

Personally I just run virtual machines for all my games. One for yea olde DOS & Win98 games, one with Win XP. I've got a pretty hefty machine so it runs quickly enough.
Lee
(Lucius)

Legio V Alaudae (Europe)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.alaudae.eu/">http://www.alaudae.eu/
I've been wanting to play the latest version of EB since it was released, but it just takes too damn long to download. I've tried a torrent, but no peers are ever on.

Damn, the new Lusitanians and Sweboz look so nice, too. Sad
[Image: parsiaqj0.png]
[size=92:7tw9zbc0]- Bonnie Lawson: proudly Manx.[/size]
Downloaded and installed RTR: Premium Edition. Looks great! Plays great! I am wondering two things:

I am currently playing as Macedonia and have conquered all of Greece, Magna Graecia, Greek Sicily, and Byzanium. I have upgraded Sparta to Royal Barracks, but I don't see Spartans as a trainable option (much to my dismay). Will it ever be possible to train Spartans? If so, what steps need to be taken? I'm starting to carve up Asia Minor now and I wish to take some Spartans with me to Babylon and beyond.

Also, while all the textures are exemplary, even the Spartan textures, I wish the Spartan units were a little more interesting. The Pilos helmet and lack of armour seems out of date for this time period, for one thing, as around this time the Spartans took up Macedonian weaponry and tactics. The Spartans currently look like something out of the 4th c. and not the 3rd c. in which this game takes place.
The EB Spartans have a somewhat more plausible appearance.

[Image: kh_spartiates.gif]

though of course, a different type of helmet would be preferable!
[Image: parsiaqj0.png]
[size=92:7tw9zbc0]- Bonnie Lawson: proudly Manx.[/size]
A phrygian or attic helmet would do well, methinks.
Hiya all i just started playing the RTR 1.9 PE and must say its a lot of fun!!

now I do hope that when EMPIRE TW comes out i am hoping the RTR modding community will quickly get all the sea battles modded to Roman/Ancient ships and will encorporate it in a new RTR version!!!!!!!

the nly probem i have in RTR is that on the empire screen where all the cities are i cannot zoom in like i coud in RTW.......

does anyone have the keystroke code for that??????

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Whats this?......1.9? Is tha ta more up todate version than 6
I hope it is better than EB, which takes ages to download, and crashes out halfway, forcing yo uto start again, or just doesn't install correctly.....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
OOOOh! I saw on youtube that you can download a patch where allow you to play Medieval TW II along with Rome!!! Confusedhock:

lets say Byzantines vs Eearly Romans etc...

you maight knew that already, but .....

hehehe! they sead u must know what u are doing to not make a mess.

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
1.9 platinum edition is the latest before iberian campaign... and the latest before RTRVII....

but anyon know how i can zoom into the empire map
????

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,188 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,867 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 89,100 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67