Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Definition of an Alpha Male...
Alpha male: the male first in line to obey the Alpha Female.<br>
When I think about Alpha Male I have a vision of Hillary Clinton, for some obscure reason.. <p></p><i></i>
<br>
<br>
Antoninus Lucretius, you make me shiver!<br>
<br>
Greetings,<br>
<br>
Martin <p></p><i></i>
<br>
<br>
WHO...........<br>
<br>
ME???<br>
<br>
hehehe<br>
<br>
M.VIB.M. <p></p><i></i>
To adequately answer this question we must go back 200 million years and observe our primitive mammal-like reptilian ancestors such as Dimetrodon. Back then the reptiles with with biggest and most impressive dorsal crests could intimidate the lesser endowed, and thus became the "Alpha males". But some things never change, for in our modern age we may still encounter manificently crested centurion warlords of mannequin Roman display groups, bobbing their great crested heads, wobbling their dewlaps, and hissing obscenities at one another. Are they locked in these eternal struggles to see which will pass his genes to the next generation? No.... they are fighting to see which Roman group will get the highest paid display gigs.<br>
<br>
It is said that these near-extinct relatives of the dinosaurs are most commonly observed in Great Britain, but they are also making a spectacular comeback in Northern Germany and the Netherlands as well. <br>
Dan <p></p><i></i>
Quote:<br>
...No, Rich, the women LUST after the alpha male...<br>
<br>
So, how do I get to be one? Are lessons available? Please?<br>
<br>
Gaius<br>
Who used to date a Penthouse foldout, she thought I had money... but that was a long time ago...<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gaiusdeciusaquilius@romanarmytalk>Gaius Decius Aquilius</A> at: 6/3/03 8:06 pm<br></i>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Oh Dan, really? And do they reproduce (or clone)?<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
Titus Sabatinus Aquilius <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
I was watching a show on TLC about attraction, and apparently males that have symetrical features reproduce more, and their female partners have more orgasms. Thoughts? <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" Coh I<br>
<br>
"Nothing happens to any man, which he is not formed by nature to bear."<br>
<br>
- Marcus Aurelius<br>
<br>
- Number of posts: current +1248</p><i></i>
Curiously, Titus, they do not reproduce by normal means, but as you have astutely suspected, all appear to be virtually identical 'clones' of the oldest population, which was discovered in Britain. All seem to have red bellies, (observable under their metallic like armored hide), save for a distinctly new sub-species, also ocurring in Britain, which appear to have white bellies underneath their armor plating. While they are all great rivals, vying for the opportunity to perform their rituals in front of the greatest number of primates, the cloned continental red bellies yearly migrate to the British Midlands to pay homage to the great crested alpha male of the original British grouping. All except the white bellies -- this sub-species are the bitterest rivals and implacable foes of the original red-bellied population, and refuse to participate in any ritual displays with them. But despite their fearsome appearance, both the red and white bellies are all fairly harmless creatures, and have never been known to actually fight, unlike the real armor-plated, crested creatures they attempt to mimic.<br>
<br>
Dan <p></p><i></i>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
My compliments Dan! Brilliant!<br>
<br>
Vale<br>
<br>
Titus Sabatinus Aquilius <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Not to mention the spectacled, writing kind of crested creatures which are always in for a discussion since they have the weird idea that they know things better than others...<br>
<br>
hehehehehehe<br>
<br>
M.VIB.M. <p></p><i></i>