RomanArmyTalk
50,000! - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 50,000! (/showthread.php?tid=4882)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: 50,000! - Optio equitum - 03-02-2006

Quote:
Comerus Gallus Romus:ap8relsx Wrote:And now, I am in seventh place for contributing to the forum. 8)
Stop posting! You might rise up to 6th! Big Grin

But don't stop too long, or you will be in 8th! Oh the agony of it all!

perhaps we need to study the history of RAT? - Caius Fabius - 03-02-2006

I suggest that since Jenny was acclained emperor, that Jasper should be given a Triumph and officially named Caesar, first deputy of RAT, which he has always been, unless we have proof that the Emperor has died, or retired.....
Or unless Jasper Invictus actually wants to be the emperor.... :lol:

Re: perhaps we need to study the history of RAT? - Robert Vermaat - 03-02-2006

Quote:I suggest that since Jenny was acclained emperor, that Jasper should be given a Triumph and officially named Caesar, first deputy of RAT, which he has always been, unless we have proof that the Emperor has died, or retired.....
Or unless Jasper Invictus actually wants to be the emperor.... :lol:
Since our First Emperor (Jenny) is actually on another continent, I vote for AUGUSTUS. I mean, you can have two of those (or even three without any pain), and pretend both rule over separate part of the Empire.
Or, alternatively, we can pretend (but why pretend?) that Jenny has retired to her Palatio on a far-off shore...

Hmmmm..there is a story here. Jenny? could someone explain? This may be news to more than just me. Something out of the dark past of RAT?

Re: 50,000! - Jeroen Pelgrom - 03-02-2006

Quote:Hmmmm..there is a story here. Jenny? could someone explain? This may be news to more than just me. Something out of the dark past of RAT?

RAT was founded by Jenny Cline. she used to to work in Europe but is now assigned to Florida (if i recall correctly)

OK...Florida huh? So the current emperor is in my providence eh? :twisted: Just kidding. Does she no longer contribute to the Forum? More to the history of RAT than I had thought...

Re: 50,000! - Praefectusclassis - 03-02-2006

I've been trying to avoid this thread since it tooks it's errrr, interesting turn :oops: , but perhaps it is better to mingle in here to avoid being portrayed as usurper (although that is of course an excellent Roman tradition).
In early 2001, Captain Jenny Cline, US Army, founded RAT on Ezboard and Romanarmy.com on an Angelfire page (it's still there), soon thereafter moving it to it's own domain, romanarmy.com (/.org and now /.nl too). I joined the team soon afterward.
Her duties in the army fairly soon took up more time than she would have liked and she was forced to act as a sort of 'absentee landlord'. RAT was run mostly by the moderating team (of which Pelgr03, Caius Fabius and RichSc were already members), while I took over care for the main site. Since then her duties in the army have hardly lessened, while she also went through some hefty developments in the private sphere. All in all that prevented her from logging in and joining the fray.
Ezboard in the meantime stepped up it's demands for yearly payments with the lovely admonition that whoever didn't pay, got a load of big ads and popups. Having consulted with Jenny on this problem, she allowed me to find a new hosting company where I could set up both main site & forum in one domain. By virtue of setting the forum up, I became its administrator as well. It's a technicality, really.
So there, now you know. Big Grin

Then I must change my view. I stand corrected. As a former US Army NCO, I would be the last person to attempt to overthrow Capt. Cline. I would change my vote to Jasper as Caesar, with Capt. Cline as Augustus, with unique awards for both in recognition of the wonderful site they have both founded and maintained to such high standards. I salute you both for your success.

Re: 50,000! - Carlton Bach - 03-02-2006

Couldn't Jenny be our Jovian Augustus and Jasper the Herculian Augustus?

Excellent way to look at it. Eastern and Western Empire concept?

Re: 50,000! - Robert Vermaat - 03-05-2006

We're BACK!! Wow, I really thought RAT was gone because we were praising Jasper too much...
Schilderhebung, anyone?

Yes, that was in my mind too. Different parts, same Empire, same rank. Big Grin

Re: 50,000! - Optio equitum - 03-05-2006

Quote:We're BACK!! Wow, I really thought RAT was gone because we were praising Jasper too much...
Schilderhebung, anyone?

Yes, that was in my mind too. Different parts, same Empire, same rank. Big Grin

The thought crossed my mind as well... Smile

Okay, so what does everyone else think? 2 Emperors, both with unique insiginia and titles? That way proper credit for both leaders.

Re: 50,000! - Praefectusclassis - 03-23-2006

Just to get back to the original topic:
March 1: (a little over) 50,000 posts
March 23rd: 52,548 posts
That is over 110 posts PER DAY and if you subtract the days RAT was completely or partially offline (4), it becomes more than 130 per day!
:lol:

Who said we didn't need 15 moderators?

Re: 50,000! - Tarbicus - 03-23-2006

How many pages worth of items do Deepeeka have?..... :wink:

Re: 50,000! - Praefectusclassis - 03-23-2006

Yeah, that plays a part. :wink: