RomanArmyTalk
The last film you watched.... - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: The last film you watched.... (/showthread.php?tid=13172)

Re: The last film you watched.... - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-09-2008

Quote:Had been to the movies yesterday and watched with two friends "Madagascar 2". It's a nice animated and entertaining movie. And you don't need to know the story of the first film to understand this one.

Hmmmmm, zoo animals in Africa....

Re: The last film you watched.... - Fortuna - 12-10-2008

was already twice at cinema looking Madagascar 2... King Julian ist the best!!! He´s so funny!!!

Re: The last film you watched.... - Libitina - 12-11-2008

American Graffiti, or at least 2/3 of it. So wanted to like it but not enough plot to hold my interest.

Not exactly a film but almost halfway through Carnivale S2 which I'm enjoying Big Grin

Re: The last film you watched.... - Robert Vermaat - 12-11-2008

Quote:If you have never seen it you might try the film Tampopo, though I must warn you, locate a good Japanese noodle restaurant before you start watching -- you will want a bowl of ramen when the film ends. Smile
I saw that ages ago, brilliant. I still curse Asian restaurants for on the one hand providing chopsticks but then serving the food on flat plates.. :evil:

Re: The last film you watched.... - Virilis - 12-11-2008

Just watched last weekend the complete first season of "Deadwood". I liked it a lot :wink: !

Quote:Just watched last weekend the complete first season of "Deadwood". I liked it a lot :wink: !

It's great isn't it! The language is so poetically vulgar Big Grin x

Quote:
Virilis:29eq1rrf Wrote:Just watched last weekend the complete first season of "Deadwood". I liked it a lot :wink: !

Oh yes, "poetically vulgar", that`s the phrase I was looking for :wink: ! This series reminds me how our lanquage was so much richer in the old days. Just read some old letters and you`ll see what I mean...

Quote:
Libitina:1umhqw0t Wrote:
Virilis:1umhqw0t Wrote:Just watched last weekend the complete first season of "Deadwood". I liked it a lot :wink: !

Oh yes, "poetically vulgar", that`s the phrase I was looking for :wink: ! This series reminds me how our lanquage was so much richer in the old days. Just read some old letters and you`ll see what I mean...

What language do you watch Deadwood in? It would be interesting to know if it is so "colourful" and complex in other languages too.

In Finland we NEVER watch dubbed films! We always watch everything with texts running at the bottom of the screen. It would be a rape to have for example Jake LaMotta of "Raging bull" or Homer Simpson dubbed! Original lanquage is such an important part of an art-form like movies, methinks.

Sometimes when I see foreign dubbed films it almost makes me want to vomit :evil: ...

Re: The last film you watched.... - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-11-2008

Yeah, I agree there Virilis.

You lose a lot in dubbed films, even if it is done well.

I used to love watching the Chinese movies in Borneo....subtitles or not..

Re: The last film you watched.... - Na Saighdiuir - 12-11-2008

Saw Letters from Iwo Jima last night....entertaininh to say the least!! Go on Clint!

In fact we don`t even have any dubbing in Finland, only as a special service for the people with bad vision Cry

Quote:In Finland we NEVER watch dubbed films! We always watch everything with texts running at the bottom of the screen. It would be a rape to have for example Jake LaMotta of "Raging bull" or Homer Simpson dubbed! Original lanquage is such an important part of an art-form like movies, methinks.

Sometimes when I see foreign dubbed films it almost makes me want to vomit :evil: ...

I agree I'd much rather read the subtitles. Think I saw Mr Vampire dubbed but it was so stupidly funny it added to it. And Baywatch into Spanish but who watched it for the script anyway :lol:

Quote: ...and Baywatch into Spanish but who watched it for the script anyway :lol:

I do Confusedhock: .

Re: The last film you watched.... - M. Demetrius - 12-11-2008

Virilis, I guess you never noticed that there were girls on Baywatch, wearing tight swimsuits? OK, just so you'll know, there were. Heh. :wink: