RomanArmyTalk
The last film you watched.... - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: The last film you watched.... (/showthread.php?tid=13172)

Re: The last film you watched.... - Na Saighdiuir - 07-20-2008

Quote:Pulp Fiction was on TV the other night! an absolute classic!

Good choice!Only caught the end of it but still enjoyed it!Last one i saw was my daily viewing of Saving Private Ryan..just for the beginning and the end.Also im gearing up for The Dark Knight with a viewing of Batman Begins tonight!!Just to warm up!

Re: The last film you watched.... - Libitina - 07-21-2008

Watched Zodiac last night but had the downside of pretty much knowing how it would end. I appreciate it was all based on actual events but it was rather long-winded.

Started to watch Blade Runner but was so exhausted from the weekend I fell asleep :oops:

Re: The last film you watched.... - le Cavalier Invisible - 07-21-2008

Watched Mr Bean's Holiday, a few days ago.. Had a few beers, it was fun with some friends.. :lol:

Greetz,

Re: The last film you watched.... - jvrjenivs - 07-21-2008

Last film I watched was 'The band's visit', which I found very nice. Very good director and shots, but it's slow.

I also watched full first BBC series of 'Roman misteries' . Also very worth watching, in my opinion and of course a very interesting time period and area.

Re: The last film you watched.... - Memmia - 07-21-2008

I watched 'Holiday on the Buses' the other day.

Classic bawdy totally un-PC old British humour at it's very best :lol: 8)

Re: The last film you watched.... - Libitina - 07-21-2008

Finished watching Blade Runner this evening. Wasn't quite what I expected! I'll get shot down in flames but I didn't like it much. I think it might have dated badly perhaps for a first viewing over 25 years later. Wasn't overly sure about the unicorn thing. The version I watched had no narration over the top, would that have made a difference?

Re: The last film you watched.... - Narukami - 07-22-2008

No shots will be fired here for an honest response and reaction to the film.

In fact the first time I saw the film, after having read the book and being warned by a friend who read along with me that "THEY" would leave the best parts of book out of the film, I too was a bit nonplused about it. However, on subsequent viewings, I saw more and enjoyed it more and soon became a fan. Not to say it is a perfect film (there are indeed few of those) but I do like it.

Now Kat, when time permits and mood strikes, watch the original theatrical release with the narration. I have a feeling you might just like that version more.

Ridley Scott was dead set against the narration (or so he says) but I think if fits the genre (Film Noir) and that Ford's delivery is effective. Now I might get shot down for having said this but oh well... :?

When you do watch the film again please let us know your reaction to the narration.

Thanks Kat. :wink:

Narukami

Re: The last film you watched.... - Libitina - 07-22-2008

Quote:No shots will be fired here for an honest response and reaction to the film.

In fact the first time I saw the film, after having read the book and being warned by a friend who read along with me that "THEY" would leave the best parts of book out of the film, I too was a bit nonplused about it. However, on subsequent viewings, I saw more and enjoyed it more and soon became a fan. Not to say it is a perfect film (there are indeed few of those) but I do like it.

Now Kat, when time permits and mood strikes, watch the original theatrical release with the narration. I have a feeling you might just like that version more.

Ridley Scott was dead set against the narration (or so he says) but I think if fits the genre (Film Noir) and that Ford's delivery is effective. Now I might get shot down for having said this but oh well... :?

When you do watch the film again please let us know your reaction to the narration.

Thanks Kat. :wink:

Narukami

Phew, I can come out from hiding now! Will keep an eye out for that version.

Re: The last film you watched.... - Gaius Julius Caesar - 07-22-2008

Rat-a-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sucker!! Tongue

But really, I agree with Dave, the original narrated version had a certain atmosphere to it.....or maybe it is just nostalgia for my younger days that makes me think so......

Re: The last film you watched.... - Jona Lendering - 07-22-2008

In Bruges, an English movie, entirely filmed in - guess where. A very good one, funny also. RECOMMENDED (8.1/10 at the IMDB, and that's a lot).

It was interesting to note that the Englishmen in the cinema laughed about other things than the Dutch people.

Re: The last film you watched.... - Decius - 07-23-2008

Quote:
Decius:3abxthnp Wrote:the football factory
Probably the best depiction of how legionaries were, as a social unit, in the history of film :wink:

Big Grin

Re: The last film you watched.... - Jona Lendering - 08-03-2008

Kung Fu Panda. Entertaining, but not really special.

Re: The last film you watched.... - Tarbicus - 08-03-2008

In Bruges: We left scratching our heads and thinking we'd just watched something brilliant, and not all what we'd expected. Has a couple of the most shocking moments.

The Orphanage: Cracking ghost story.

Re: The last film you watched.... - Jona Lendering - 08-03-2008

Quote:In Bruges: We left scratching our heads and thinking we'd just watched something brilliant, and not all what we'd expected. Has a couple of the most shocking moments.
I found it a great movie; also very funny.

Re: The last film you watched.... - Tarbicus - 08-03-2008

Quote:also very funny.
Confusedhock: Yup, I can see there's a difference between Dutch and English humour..... :wink:

I honestly thought it was one of the best tragedies I've ever seen.