RomanArmyTalk
Rome Total War- Battle strategies - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Gaming & Modelling (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Rome Total War- Battle strategies (/showthread.php?tid=14907)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-03-2009

I take it none of you have played Roma Surrectum?
It is pretty good too.

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 05-03-2009

Quote:I dont want ti to slow my computer or glitch the game or anything.
Quote:There is no such thing as 'slowing down your computer' because you installed a mod.
I would partly disagree with Yuri. While the mods have no glitches I know of, the bigger number and detail/size of textures/models to load are quite demanding as RAM ressources are concerned.
Nonetheless I would give RS or RTR a try. But EB is more demanding and you'll need a very good processor, RAM and graphic card to enjoy it thoroughly.
I have a Laptop Pentium processor 1,73 GHz with 500 MB RAM and a lousy mobile Intel graphic card. It won't work with EB, but you can play RS and RTR on moderate graphic settings. Nonetheless the "eternal" loading times, especially over time, can be a pain in the neck.

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS - 05-03-2009

Quote:
Travis S:3t8o73gy Wrote:I dont want ti to slow my computer or glitch the game or anything.
Quote:There is no such thing as 'slowing down your computer' because you installed a mod.
I would partly disagree with Yuri. While the mods have no glitches I know of, the bigger number and detail/size of textures/models to load are quite demanding as RAM ressources are concerned.
Nonetheless I would give RS or RTR a try. But EB is more demanding and you'll need a very good processor, RAM and graphic card to enjoy it thoroughly.
I have a Laptop Pentium processor 1,73 GHz with 500 MB RAM and a lousy mobile Intel graphic card. It won't work with EB, but you can play RS and RTR on moderate graphic settings. Nonetheless the "eternal" loading times, especially over time, can be a pain in the neck.

Sorry, I should have rephrased that.

I meant there is no such thing as your computer slowing down, but rather your game slows down considerably. Im playing EB on a laptop and ironically the battles flow beautifuly, only for it to lag like hell in the world view. And yes, sadly, you will need a good PC to enjoy EB, but its well worth it I think.

I've played RS, but didn't get into it as much as I did EB. Still seemed very good in quality, I think both are better than RTR.

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-03-2009

I will agree that RS is better that RTR. Unfortunately, for the reasons you have stated, I have not been able to play EB as yet....one day though.

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Travis S - 05-03-2009

At this point i am sure anything is an improvement over the original. However I am only on a laptop and have decent stats, so i am told (not a computer guy, myself), So which one is least likely to provide in-game Lag, on the original I play on Large unit size and about mid-range graphics (some like Unit detail is maxed while others arent), and I get NO lag now.

If RTR is the least lagging I will try it first unless RS is better and doesnt lag either, EB seems like it may be too much for me to download so I will stick with RTR or RS. What do you recommend as far as performance.

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-04-2009

Personally I like RS, but RTR had it's good points. Not much more lag on RS than RS, but a little.
Also it has crashed out at a certain point, so may need a patch?

Might just be me though!

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 05-05-2009

I think RS and RTR are about equal as lagging is concerned. What I liked about RS was the fact, that it has all known legions and you can actually field armies composed of many legions. While playing I found this more clear.
On the other hand reinforcing legions was annoying because you could specific legions only recruit in specific areas of recruitment.

you may find more and better info to system specifications at this forum ...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-05-2009

You can field an army of many legions....? How? :? (

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 05-05-2009

Quote:You can field an army of many legions....? How? :? (
Oops, my bad. What I meant was you only can field an army of 20 units as ever, but use cohorts of different legions, so as to recreate "historic" battels with different legions participating. on a small scale Big Grin

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-06-2009

Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:w3f492qm Wrote:You can field an army of many legions....? How? :? (
Oops, my bad. What I meant was you only can field an army of 20 units as ever, but use cohorts of different legions, so as to recreate "historic" battels with different legions participating. on a small scale Big Grin

Oh that is cruel...so cruel...I thought I was about to learn of a whole new dimension to the game... :roll: :lol:

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 05-10-2009

If you have no high-end PC, all you were to learn was a new dimension of eternal lag. :lol: At one point, I fought a full sized battle, with further two 20-unit armies reinforcing me and the enemy. Now that was cruel ... had to "ctrl + alt + del" :evil:

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-14-2009

I was able to do that in the previous versions too, and I am sure I managed a few in RS up til thatpoint I am at now, where I am under attack from the Carthaginians.
I have 3 forts near a city, and about three armies, and the enemy is attacking with three to four armies.
I managed to play and win a sequence of engagements by carful positioning of my armies over a few turns and
reducing the forces of the enemy facing me in each engagement!
Was doing OK until the game started crashing out.... :evil:

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - M. Demetrius - 05-15-2009

Have you considered that you might have offended the Carthagenian priesthood? That could be the cause, y'know. :roll: :lol:

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Titus Juventius Tertius - 05-20-2009

For the sake of sanity... are you guys playing the vanilla Rome Total War, or Rome Total Realism? I've been utterly destroying my foes in the RTR mod. Nothing like a solid line of Principes to break the back of the enemy. I manages to route 2700 Macedonians earlier today with my 1200 men. Quite the Roman victory. Since they've began attacking me, they've buried probably 20,000+ of their troops to my few hundred.

Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - Mythos_Ruler - 05-21-2009

Quote:For the sake of sanity... are you guys playing the vanilla Rome Total War, or Rome Total Realism? I've been utterly destroying my foes in the RTR mod. Nothing like a solid line of Principes to break the back of the enemy. I manages to route 2700 Macedonians earlier today with my 1200 men. Quite the Roman victory. Since they've began attacking me, they've buried probably 20,000+ of their troops to my few hundred.

What difficulty level? Be honest. Wink