RomanArmyTalk
lets do something other than romans.... - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: lets do something other than romans.... (/showthread.php?tid=5464)

Pages: 1 2

lets do something other than romans.... - Chuck Russell - 04-21-2006

forget roman reenacting, lets do this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YveSHqhOkdo& ... ret%20wars (not sure if the side bars are totally work safe, they change. just put this up as a sorta warning, the video is harmless)

secret wars reenactment

Re: lets do something other than romans.... - Robert Vermaat - 04-21-2006

OMG! Confusedhock:
I loved it.
My biggest fear is that folks look at us the same way...

Re: lets do something other than romans.... - Ramesses II - 04-21-2006

Quote:OMG! Confusedhock:
I loved it.

Romans and Greeks charging Batman, Superman and Spiderman? 8)

Rome vs. The Justice League... - Narukami - 04-21-2006

Sign me up.

But is it ok if I bring my grandson along--he knows these characters much better than I do. :wink:

Narukami

Re: lets do something other than romans.... - Marcus Mummius - 04-21-2006

Quote:OMG! Confusedhock:
I loved it.

LOL, a lot of things sounded very familiar :lol:

Re: lets do something other than romans.... - FAVENTIANVS - 04-22-2006

You can bet they do :?

Re: lets do something other than romans.... - Spurius - 04-22-2006

At least our weapons look real, we'd be a laughing stock if we threw invisible laser beams at each other and our costumes are not made of aluminum foil!

Re: lets do something other than romans.... - Robert Vermaat - 04-22-2006

Quote:At least our weapons look real, we'd be a laughing stock if we threw invisible laser beams at each other and our costumes are not made of aluminum foil!
How about throwing invisible pila? Big Grin

Re: lets do something other than romans.... - Virilis - 04-22-2006

Pila is in finnish a "joke" :wink: ....[/quote]

Re: lets do something other than romans.... - A_Volpe - 04-24-2006

heheheh

That was good.

Reminds me of a Indie Documentary called "Uber Goober" (the U with the 2 dots above it) that was looking at Dungeons&Dragons and LARP'ing and how it's gaining popularity as well as getting negative (and ridiculous) attention from Relgious Wackos.

Re: lets do something other than romans.... - Jeroen Pelgrom - 04-25-2006

last weekend i participated in a fantasy LARP-battle

:oops:

Re: lets do something other than romans.... - Virilis - 04-25-2006

Jeroen, please! This has been a very hard week already :wink: ...

lol,

it was a LARP-battle for the Elf Fantasy Fair - about 200 elves against 70 barbarians (including me). Although the outcome was predetermined (the elves had to win, we should die heroically) we managed to "kill" about 150 of them. It was very entertaining, some elves were very scared by our charge!

Photo's:
www.liesbeth.org/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=12
and
www.gothicpictures.tk/New_design.htm (select Latest update, Elven Battle)

Re: lets do something other than romans.... - Marcus Mummius - 04-25-2006

OMG that big black beast :lol:

How do you play such a battle? Do you move in slowmotion or something? Or do you just wack your opponents? Smile

The big black beast was our Stone Golem - he made a big impression. the plan was that he should attack first and fight like Sauron in the battle of the last alliance of LoTR-the fellowship of the ring (with the elves being kicked backwards).

how do you fight such a battle: the elves each got 3 (for the arches) and 5 hitpoint (for the swordmen). The barbarians got individual hitpoints (8 to 15). Eachtime you get hit -1 hitpoint. But as i said, the mission of the barbarians was to heroically so when you got a cool hit from an elf, we were expected to die in style. Of the 70 barbarians, almost 40 of them (including me) are members of Sword & Stone, a group which teaches Medieval European art-of-war (sword/ dagger/ pole-arms/ unarmed), based upon historical books.

You don't fight in slowmotion but at full speed. Rules for LARP-fighting: no hits against the head and groin and no stabbing. Untrained people (almost 90% of the elves) tend to wack everything in their sight. More experienced people (the barbarians in this case) try to fight for real, with the rules in their mind.