Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lets do something other than romans....
forget roman reenacting, lets do this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YveSHqhOkdo& ... ret%20wars (not sure if the side bars are totally work safe, they change. just put this up as a sorta warning, the video is harmless)

secret wars reenactment
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
OMG! Confusedhock:
I loved it.
My biggest fear is that folks look at us the same way...
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:OMG! Confusedhock:
I loved it.

Romans and Greeks charging Batman, Superman and Spiderman? 8)
a.k.a. Daan Vanhamme
Sign me up.

But is it ok if I bring my grandson along--he knows these characters much better than I do. :wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:OMG! Confusedhock:
I loved it.

LOL, a lot of things sounded very familiar :lol:
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
You can bet they do :?
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
At least our weapons look real, we'd be a laughing stock if we threw invisible laser beams at each other and our costumes are not made of aluminum foil!
[size=84:2ykzgt0v]Yes, Alas - I really am that pale...[/size]
SPVRIVS
[size=75:2ykzgt0v]aka Sean Foster[/size]
Quote:At least our weapons look real, we'd be a laughing stock if we threw invisible laser beams at each other and our costumes are not made of aluminum foil!
How about throwing invisible pila? Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Pila is in finnish a "joke" :wink: ....[/quote]
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
heheheh

That was good.

Reminds me of a Indie Documentary called "Uber Goober" (the U with the 2 dots above it) that was looking at Dungeons&Dragons and LARP'ing and how it's gaining popularity as well as getting negative (and ridiculous) attention from Relgious Wackos.
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
last weekend i participated in a fantasy LARP-battle

:oops:
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Jeroen, please! This has been a very hard week already :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
lol,

it was a LARP-battle for the Elf Fantasy Fair - about 200 elves against 70 barbarians (including me). Although the outcome was predetermined (the elves had to win, we should die heroically) we managed to "kill" about 150 of them. It was very entertaining, some elves were very scared by our charge!

Photo's:
www.liesbeth.org/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=12
and
www.gothicpictures.tk/New_design.htm (select Latest update, Elven Battle)
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
OMG that big black beast :lol:

How do you play such a battle? Do you move in slowmotion or something? Or do you just wack your opponents? Smile
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
The big black beast was our Stone Golem - he made a big impression. the plan was that he should attack first and fight like Sauron in the battle of the last alliance of LoTR-the fellowship of the ring (with the elves being kicked backwards).

how do you fight such a battle: the elves each got 3 (for the arches) and 5 hitpoint (for the swordmen). The barbarians got individual hitpoints (8 to 15). Eachtime you get hit -1 hitpoint. But as i said, the mission of the barbarians was to heroically so when you got a cool hit from an elf, we were expected to die in style. Of the 70 barbarians, almost 40 of them (including me) are members of Sword & Stone, a group which teaches Medieval European art-of-war (sword/ dagger/ pole-arms/ unarmed), based upon historical books.

You don't fight in slowmotion but at full speed. Rules for LARP-fighting: no hits against the head and groin and no stabbing. Untrained people (almost 90% of the elves) tend to wack everything in their sight. More experienced people (the barbarians in this case) try to fight for real, with the rules in their mind.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets us not forget 66kbm 4 1,714 06-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Last Post: 1493541
  forget romans, lets do crusades Chuck Russell 14 3,730 03-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Hibernicus