RomanArmyTalk
Rome: Total Realism 7 - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Gaming & Modelling (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Rome: Total Realism 7 (/showthread.php?tid=9981)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - Gaius Julius Caesar - 01-06-2008

Well, if it is the same as the one I play, it works the same way.......?
I use the center wheel on my mouse.

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 01-06-2008

Ah well with a mouse i could do it i guess however i am playing on a laptop with a pad thingie... synaptics device so i slide over a pad.. thats why i asked for the keystroke... [EDIT] FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!

M.VIB.M.

RTR PE doesnt crash at least!! it works fine!! only downside is that the voicr arent in Latin, Greek and other ancient languages, and of course that there arent Imperial forces anymore... wish it would stretch the full Roman period till the end of the empire....

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - Gaius Julius Caesar - 01-07-2008

OK, I am afraid I have the mouse of my dreams and won't change until it falls apart. I have tried to find a backup but seems microsoft no longer makes them, and the others are not quite the same I fear. Sad
I use the trackerball mouse, large ball so it is perfect for games.
Saves moving all over the place with your hand :lol: Allows strategic placement of drinks safely too!! :lol: Big Grin

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 01-07-2008

Hahahaha RTR historically correct???

I just attacked the gauls with my allies the Macedonians who now seem to have some scattered provinces in GERMANIA of all places!! WHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

BTW RTR makers: in Medieval Total war you could keep captured enemies as hostages for ransom or kill them..

why hasnt the RTR team incorporated the taking and demanding of hostages like the Romans and other Ancient civilisations used??? that would greatly improve the historical correctness to the game! also I miss the Helveti the Hadeui et cetera... now i fight GAUL, and not the scattered tribes......

M.VIB.M.

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - Agraes - 01-07-2008

That kind of feature is 'hardcoded', that means you can mod it or implement it.

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 01-07-2008

ah, well i dont know squat about programming, modding and all that sorry to say..

the only think i once managed to do in Fighter Squardon was tou put a portrait of someone i know onto a WWII warplane, by changing the texture file of the wings and re adding it into the folder...

LOL

M.VIB.M.

QUESTION!!!!!!!! - MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 01-10-2008

Where the hell is the siege equipment!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

I am in 215 BC and still no ballistae and onagers!!!

M.VIB.M.

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS - 01-25-2008

By the way, what is the status for RTR VII (Question mark) *

I've been playing RTR Platinum and its absolutely awesome, but the RTR website seems to suggest there has been some kind of schism with the RTR team. I hope this does not impede the production of RTR VII as it seemed to be looking very good. Any word on it (Question Mark) *

* SOrry, keyboard is not configured.

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - Conan the Barbarian - 01-27-2008

Quote:By the way, what is the status for RTR VII (Question mark) *

I've been playing RTR Platinum and its absolutely awesome, but the RTR website seems to suggest there has been some kind of schism with the RTR team. I hope this does not impede the production of RTR VII as it seemed to be looking very good. Any word on it (Question Mark) *

* SOrry, keyboard is not configured.

Ok the official team is here: www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=524

They are the only ones who are working on RTR 7. Their website (totalrealism.net) is down so they use total war center.

The .com site is just held by someone who basically hijacked the site for his own reasons and consequently it has an old version of RTR.

Anyways did anybody get "The Iberian Conflict" Rome Total realism mini mod that they just came out with?

It's about the conquest of Iberia by Hadsrubal Barca. You can be Hadsrubal leading the Carthaginians or you can be the Celtiberians.

The ancient warfare magazine I just got was all about that region curiously. Big Grin

You can download the first part of RTR 7 which is the mini mod "The Iberian Conflict" here:www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=524

[Image: mcceltiberavscarth2pi9.jpg]
[Image: mcceltiberavscarthsbchacb0.jpg]
[Image: mc2celtvscarthcareless3yy3.jpg]

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - Marcus Hortensius Castus - 01-28-2008

I just got the RTR mini-mod "Ancient Empires: Elysium" this weekend. Thanks to a new 500GB harddrive I'm trying out a ton of the new mods (to me) before I have to use it to make money lol...

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - Titvs Statilivs Castvs - 02-05-2008

Do you have to install RTR in the existing RTW-folder or do you have to create a new one?

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - SOCL - 03-01-2009

So I have been out of the loop for an exceedingly long time. How goes the progress on Rome Total Realism 7.0? I'm just a bit confused by the two mods, the Iberian conflict one and "Fate of Empires". Are these part of the RTR7 being distributed in parts, are they not associated at all with the larger mod, or...? :? I've been trying to catch up by surfing the Total War Center forums, but I really didn't get anything that seemed like an answer to my questions there. I guess there have been some massive changes...

Oh, and as always (someone has to ask!), any idea when the larger mod (the one for BI) will be released?

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - Mythos_Ruler - 03-11-2009

One thing the RTR team should mod are the horrible sky boxes.

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS - 04-06-2009

As far as I've heard, RTR 7.0 is dead apparently. Cry

Re: Rome: Total Realism 7 - Mythos_Ruler - 04-08-2009

Quote:As far as I've heard, RTR 7.0 is dead apparently. Cry

Have a cite/site?