Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robin Hood Trailer
What it's doing Maximo Decimus Meridius in Britain? :lol:

[url:34zturjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSqL9ygBCck&feature=player_embedded[/url]

That music... :?
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
:? roll: :| ?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
We all agree in one point: if there aren't men in leotards, it's not Robin Hood :twisted: :mrgreen:

Quote: :? roll: :| ?

Exactly my thoughts :roll: ....
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Well, if Russell Crowe is Robin Hood, it seems odd to see him in hamata, doesn't it? A forester would nay have been so attired, methinks.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
'Suspension of disbelief' and please leave your brain at home as well...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
With the possible exception of his first film, The Duelists, Ridley Scott's most historically accurate film is still Blade Runner.

:|

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
One of my other great interests is Napoleonic warfare, and one of my favourite films "The Duellists" precisely because it is hard to fault the historicity of the costumes and atmosphere - even the fencing styles are authentic.... !!! Smile D
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Quote:What it's doing Maximo Decimus Meridius in Britain?
He didn´t die and became a daywalking vampire, thus survived the times. He´s probaby still around, fighting in Afghanistan or so... ^^

Honestly: How many Robin Hood movies are there now? :roll:
I still like this series best of all Robin Hood films. :wink: Big Grin
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:Honestly: How many Robin Hood movies are there now?

see this link: [url:1bsmyf3y]http://www.lib.rochester.edu/CAMELOT/rh/rhfilms.htm[/url]

a really nice one is the Robin Hood with Douglas Fairbanks (1922)
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
The old Errol Flynn Robin Hood movie is probably one of the most fun. Men in Tights was, uh, what was that??
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:The old Errol Flynn Robin Hood movie is probably one of the most fun.
Weren't all his movies? They used to be on tv when I was little and are quite sufficient to make a little boy want to be a pirate / swashbuckler / Robin Hood...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:
Quote:The old Errol Flynn Robin Hood movie is probably one of the most fun.
Weren't all his movies? They used to be on tv when I was little and are quite sufficient to make a little boy want to be a pirate / swashbuckler / Robin Hood...

Indeed so!

That version of Robin Hood is still a favorite around here -- love that old time Technicolor.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
...AND the split arrow was without special effects! It was just a really good shot.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:
Quote:Honestly: How many Robin Hood movies are there now? :roll:
I still like this series best of all Robin Hood films. :wink: Big Grin

Christian, I agree with you. I loved this series when it was on in German TV back in the 1980s. Gosh, long time ago...
Quote:...AND the split arrow was without special effects! It was just a really good shot.

It damn well should have been. The archery advisor and stunt shooter for that film was Howard Hill, the grandaddy of modern archery. There's a great story about that. Hill had been hired and went to the location and introduced himself. Flynn was tipsy and being his natural self and insulted and belittled Hill in front of the rest of the cast. Hill said, in effect : "Go scr*w yourself, Flynn, you can make your f***ing movie without me!" Then he went to his trailer and started packing. Minutes later Flynn came to his trailer and apologised profusely and begged him to stay. Hill relented and the two became good friends and went on hunting and fishing trips together for the rest of Flynn's tragically short life. That was Erroll Flynn: the classic bully personality. If you knuckled under to him you were his bitch. If you stood up to him, you were his friend for life.
Pecunia non olet

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robin Hood Ghostmojo 0 707 05-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Ghostmojo
  Batman as Robin...? Scott Takes New Robin For A Twist. Narukami 15 3,577 08-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Tiberius Clodius Corvinus
  BBC Robin Hood? Ironhand 21 4,221 06-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Ron Andrea