Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History Channel--Roman War Machine series
Has anyone viewed this series? I've seen the History Channel's Ancient Rome series and thought it deserved a C. I purchased the History Channel's Barbarians series and could barely endure the scenes with Legions---it was purchased for info on Barbarians, after all, so it was worth it.<br>
<br>
I'm concidering the purchase of Roman War Machine without having viewed it first and wonder what sort of reviews it would get from those here who have seen it.<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance. <p></p><i></i>
Quote:</em></strong><hr>I'm concidering the purchase of Roman War Machine without having viewed it first and wonder what sort of reviews it would get from those here who have seen it.<hr><br>
<br>
Ave,<br>
<br>
I've got it. I highly recommend you get it too. The series features the Ermine Street Guard of Great Britain, the first Roman reenactors.<br>
<br>
It's four tapes. The first covers the Republic, the second covers the civil war and the fall of the Republic, the third deals with Roman siege equipment and medical care, and the final one covers the late empire.<br>
<br>
I also recommend you buy the series called "Hail Caesar", by A&E, which is six tapes on six emperors. Julius, Augustus, Nero, Hadrian, Constantine, and Justinian. (I know Julius technically isn't an 'emperor')<br>
<br>
Happy viewing !<br>
-Theo <p></p><i></i>
Jaime

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Routledge Warfare & History Series John W Davison 0 1,040 04-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Last Post: John W Davison
  \'Warriors\' on History Channel Praefectusclassis 6 2,677 04-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  History Channel: Life & Death In Ancient Rome Narukami 2 1,553 05-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Narukami