Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good books - hard to get
Quote:Tamas Dezsö has a two volume series on the Neo-Assyrian army from a Hungarian publisher. At present one can get it in North America through Kubon & Sagner (DE, US) but one has to know that it exists to do so.
Can't find Volume II at K&S, but did find preview PDFs for both books at Academia.edu:Tamás Dezső
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
Quote:Hi Sean
I see you can now get that book via Amazon too... :-D
That is actually complicated! One volume is available through amazon.co.uk if you are willing to use Amazon as a distributor and accept a large markup (40 Euros plus shipping becomes 81 pounds plus shipping!) It is not available on amazon.ca or amazon.com except through the used-book market.

When I wrote to them, K&S offered to ship both volumes as soon as the second arrived, and gave me a date for that. But I am not sure how much customs and shipping will cost me.
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
To stretch this topic thread just a bit ...

Have you given consideration to actually re-printing some of the more 'difficult' to find (which is to say incredibly expensive if you do find) books that are much sought after by re-enactors and scholars alike?

I'm thinking of books like Robinson's Armor Of Imperial Rome, or Maxfield's Military Decorations Of The Roman Army, or even the more recent Companion To The Roman Army (that is currently on Amazon at $200) ?

Likewise Jona Lendering has a great book on the common misconceptions about ancient history but, as I understand it, has had trouble finding a publishers for an English language edition of the book. Would this be the type of project you might want to undertake or is it beyond the scope of what you are looking to do?

Just wondering.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Been reading some good books latley muskitear 4 2,045 03-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Theodosius the Great
  Hard to Find Books on Auxiliary Formations arklore70 7 2,020 05-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Good books which cover 200-130BC ?? Anonymous 7 1,815 01-31-2005, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis