Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome Total War: Europa Barbarorum Mod (Beta)
As I mentioned yesterday, I downloaded the Beta version of the 'Europa Barbarorum Mod' for RTW and fired it up last night.

So far, I'm pretty impressed. It still has as many bugs as you'd expect for a Beta version (for example, the advisor in the Campaign mode is a guy, but has a woman's voice, which can be distinctly disconcerting - a bit like being advised on strategy by a barbarian drag queen), but it's playable enough.

I began playing as the Sweboz - the Germanic faction. It proved a bit harder than I expected because I made the mistake of building a 'Heroes Hall' to allow me to build lots of those nifty new Germanic units. Unfortunately the cost of this left me bankrupt. All the AI factions, on the other hand, invested their money in building armies, so after some initial successes, my bankrupt tribe was left with a few small armies which were rapidly outclassed by much larger armies built by my neighbours.

So I'm starting again with a new campaign tonight.

The units and skins look great and generally very detailed and realistic. The rest of the mod - the huge map, the splash screens etc - all look very good and the use of accurate names for the factions, cities and leaders adds to the realism aspect.

I'll post a longer review once I've played it a bit more, but so far I actually like it even better than 'Rome Total Realism'. Highly recommended.
Tim ONeill / Thiudareiks Flavius /Thiudareiks Gunthigg

HISTORY FOR ATHEISTS - New Atheists Getting History Wrong
Why didn't you follow the advisor instruction? :lol:

Jesus! I had played that, only one time, since my motherboard has some damage I bought a new one, let see if work find when I try!.

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
I wonder, can you double install the game so you can have both versions on your system. Possibly using two harddisks or partitions and a registry edit. Anyone have an idea.

Sorry guys, Im a computer modder/builder on the other side of my hobbies. Thats why im asking.
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
Yeah, I think you can do that. Just install in different folders, that's all.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Ill post back if it works, heres to crossed fingers.

-edit- Nope, no easy way to do it. Ill search through the registry but I doubt ill find it, just by looking.

--edit-- I found and backed up the total war registry folder. Deleted it COMPLETLEY, and the game ran flawlessly. I see no way to double install it, except for maybe two computers using a mobile harddrive. Thatll come tomorrow.
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
Quote:--edit-- I found and backed up the total war registry folder. Deleted it COMPLETLEY, and the game ran flawlessly. I see no way to double install it, except for maybe two computers using a mobile harddrive. Thatll come tomorrow.

There's a utility which may help you - the 'Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler' or JSGME. I haven't used it yet, as I only run one mod at a time, and I'm not sure if it allows you to run RTW Vanilla and a mod or mods at the same time. But it definitely allows you to run several different mods without uninstalling and reinstalling.

In other news, my new 'Europa Barbarorum' Sweboz/Germanic campaign is going slowly but going well. This mod really forces you to think hard and the battles are incredibly long and tactical. It's a slower game, but a smarter one. This mod is totally brilliant - it's what RTW should have been all along.

More details as I progress. Fingers crossed ... (it's HARD, dammit, HARD!!)

that program didnt help me, it said it loaded it but it was the rtw actual game
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI
Quote:that program didnt help me, it said it loaded it but it was the rtw actual game

Try asking at the TWC Technical Help Center. Someone there will probably be able to help.

I got it, it was a stupid mistake on my part. The game is AWESOME!!! Has anyone had the praetorian calvary glitch out. every time the camera is facing with them and over them it, te rest of everything glitches out, until I pul the camera back. Could that be caused by the mod program, which works great unless it is causing that glitch, lol.
Matt J.
Titus Arabius Matho
Legion XI

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,298 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,939 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 92,438 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67