Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are YOU of Pictish descent ?
that is true Theo the Hungarians are descendant of Huns & Sarmatians/Alans.

I had the oposit once, a Hungarian girlfriend but with the iranian features, I had my own Amazon love! Tongue

===============================================

The First Contacts Between the Ossetians and the Hungarians.

The first Sarmatian tribe known to have populated Pannonia (modern Hungary) were the Yazygs, whose ancient Indo-European (Iranian) origin, ways and language made them closely related to the other Sarmatian peoples, and namely, the Alans. The Yazygs first appeared on the territory of Hungary yet in the first centuries A.D. and stayed there for many centuries. Individual groups of Alans settled down in Pannonia in 376 A.D. during the Hunn invasion. However, it is unknown presently whether Hungary still had any Sarmatian population at the time when the Magyars (Hungarians) arrived there, having made a long way from the region of the River Volga. Before their arrival in the parts occupied by modern Hungary, the Magyars had already had a brush with the Alans (Hungarian and ancient Russian - the Jaszy), at the time when the former temporarily settled down in the steppes adjacent to the Black Sea, west of the River Dnieper. This time is considered to be the time of the very first contacts made between the ancestors of the modern Hungarians and Ossetians.

History of the Alans' Arrival in Hungary.

At the time of the Mongol-Tatar invasion the Kipchaks (in Hungarian - the Kuns), headed by Khan Kotian were desperately trying to counter the superior Mongol forces, being assisted, apparently, by their long-time allies - the Alans. The Kipchak troops were defeated by the Mongols in the Pre-Caspian steppes, which caused the remaining part of the Kipchaks (about 40 000 people) to flee to Hungary. They were joined by several thousand Alans. The Kipchaks and the Alans were welcomed in Hungary by the Hungarian sovereign of the time, Bela IV. All this took place circa 1237.

The Kipchaks and the Alans found shelter in Hungary, but several years later were followed into the Kingdom by the innumerable hordes of the Mongol-Tatars, intruded into the country in 1241. Owing to the unfavorable internal situation, created in the Mongol-Tatar state, they departed from the Kingdom of Hungary in 1242. This time can be considered the beginning of the Kipchaks and the Alans' settling down on the territory of Hungary for good, thus forming two neighboring provinces - Kunzsag and Jaszsag, later on merged into one with the administrative center in the town of Jaszbereny.

The Hungarian royals were interested in friendly relations with the Alans as those were known to be a highly belligerent and capable of fighting people, whose military defeats were accounted for, in most cases, by the disintegration of different groups of the people, being outnumbered or impaired by individual feudal lords' strifes, (the latter is corroborated by many authoritative historical sources of the time, such as, for example, the prominent Gothic historian Jordan, who indicated that the Alans were "...analogous to the Hunns in battle..."). The Hungarian Alans provided the Kings of Hungary for warriors, being granted in return multifarious royal privileges. In the Royal deeds and charters of the time the Alans were referred to as "the noble Jaszy" ("the noble Alans"). The royal privileges had been enjoyed by the Jaszy until the second half of the 19-th century.

The excavations of Alanic burial grounds, carried out on the territory of Jaszsag have shown, that the Hungarian Jaszy were North- - Caucasian Alans.

The Hungarian Alans spoke Ossetic -Alanian Language up until the time of the Turkish occupation of Hungary, lasting from the 13-th till the 15-th century. The preserved linguistic materials appertaining to the Jaszy are freely understood by the modern speakers of Ossetic. According to some other data, the Alanian language was lost by the Jaszy in the 17-th century.

The Present-Day Alanic (Jasz) Community in Hungary.

At the present time the number of the Alans' descendants in the Hungarian Province of Jaszsag is estimated at over 105 000 people. They are still based largely in Jaszsag, and live primarily in the city of Jaszbereny, and also in a score of major villages and a number of other small settlements in the province. In spite of their having lost the Ossetic language, the Hungarian Alans have preserved their national consciousness and show great interest for life of their kinsmen in the Caucasus. There exists a Jaszy Museum in Jaszbereny.

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Yes! In fact, Hungary literaly means the land of the Huns.

I heard that the Alans accompanied the Visigoths to Iberia setteling at Barcino, so, GOTHS+ALANS=GOTHALANS (funny coincidence)

One hypotesis of the origin of the name of Catalonia comes from the term Gothalonia... just an hypotesis between many others... (Catalaunian fields settlers, the Far land of the last Cathars (CATHARIA-LLUNYA), and many more...)
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
I wish we could have them as ancestors, but I also know that the Catalunian hated the Alans & defeated the Alans when both groups were at the service of Byzatium....

Perhaps they didnt know that they were cousins, & the blood was calling them, so they not understud this, & killed each other :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Seriously this happend in real life!

Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Quote:I wish we could have them as ancestors, but I also know that the Catalunian hated the Alans & defeated the Alans when both groups were at the service of Byzatium....

Perhaps they didnt know that they were cousins, & the blood was calling them, so they not understud this, & killed each other :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Seriously this happend in real life!
Yes, the Catalan Revenge, by the Almogavers in the 14th century... I've also heard that old people, in countryside Greece still use the term Catalan as rude and brutal behavior, is it true?

Sorry to be so off topic... :oops:
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Quote:Yes! In fact, Hungary literaly means the land of the Huns.

I heard that the Alans accompanied the Visigoths to Iberia setteling at Barcino, so, GOTHS+ALANS=GOTHALANS (funny coincidence)

One hypotesis of the origin of the name of Catalonia comes from the term Gothalonia... just an hypotesis between many others... (Catalaunian fields settlers, the Far land of the last Cathars (CATHARIA-LLUNYA), and many more...)

Very interesting, Faventianus. I never heard that before. Just like "Andalusia" is named after the Vandals (supposedly)
Jaime
Quote:I've also heard that old people, in countryside Greece still use the term Catalan as rude and brutal behavior, is it true?

I do not know?

But what I know is, that where you & I born, there is a saying:

Are you greek? ... this when you dont listen, or when seems that you not understand what someone is telling you... I wonder if was brought by the Corsicans?.

I'm Rh O Negative
......roughly 7% of the world's population have this group and as Comerus stated earlier, the greatest percentage can be found amongst the Basque people.
It is also the purest blood group in the world meaning that all can accept RH O Negative blood in a transfusion, but Rh O Negative can only accept Rh O Negative...
Nice to know that at least one thing makes you special.... Big Grin

Quote:
FAVENTIANVS:2aga1670 Wrote:I'm B-.

B is common in eastern Europe & Central Asia...

Even unrelated people can have the same blood, it doesnt mean that they had a common ancestor. Like Jews & Asians even Blacks have B blood.

But something that change is the resus (HR).

According to a Dr. told me that I can have B blood because my parents blood types, its like they combine and become one diferent type, or I can inherit one of either blood type of my fathers, & combine with diferent resus...

For example if my mom is A+ and father is O-, then I could have this:

1) A- or A+

2) O- or O+

3) this combination make B in rarely.

I dont know if its only in this case...

But luckily my wife is O+ and had my girl with the same blood type.
I f they were both the same O- , it would reject the baby.

O- its the only blood type that cant donate his blood to another O- , but can to other types not on its own.
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Descent Caius Valens 26 5,456 12-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Last Post: taira1180