Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Niedermörmter type Helmet with Newstead Segmental Armour
Quote:I had not seen the photo you posted up before but to my eyes it looks more like the tang and shoulders of a sword blade, the rest of which has been lost.

I was thinking the same thing!

Quote:Magius,

Just for the record, your belt plates are NOT Republican. They are type 'A' plates (Grew and Griffeths' classification) and date to the second and third quarters of the first century AD. They are contemporary with type 'B' plates.

Crispvs

Well you had better tell that to Jorge at Armillum, as that is where I got them! 8) Still, will do me! Thanks for pointing that out mate! 8)

That just gives me a good reason to do a new belt or 2 for a republican impression!! Big Grin D OH- boyoboyoboy!!

ps, hows your seg coming dude? And your gladius? And that pugio? Cant wait to see these when you finish them!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Messages In This Thread
Re: A Niedermörmter type Helmet with Newstead Segmental Armour - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-31-2007, 05:48 PM
2nd Century impression - by scott - 09-04-2007, 04:34 PM
2nd Century impression - by scott - 09-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Re: 2nd Century impression - by Tribune Valerius - 10-03-2007, 01:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What type of Montefortino Helmet is suitable for Late Republic/Gallic Wars period? Corvus 4 1,006 11-13-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Corvus
  Where to get a gallic h/g type helmet? Virilis 5 2,474 08-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Virilis
  What type of helmet should one use with a Newstead lorica? JVL 18 4,614 12-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar