Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Niedermörmter type Helmet with Newstead Segmental Armour
Fabius/Crispus/Martin, thanks to you all for your advice.

Crispus; in answer to your question, I had wanted to put together an early 2nd Century impression, possibly the first quarter. Like Fabius, I have a set of Newstead lorica (albeit still in production) and wanted to build my impression around it. However, I was wondering if I may be wiser to push my impression into the next 25 year period? I read somewhere of Trajan's column depicting a possible Newstead type lorica (?), which I suppose would mean it would be fine to gear my impression towards my target period? However, i've not actually seen this and all the other info I seem to have unearthed, with my limited time for research, so far seems to point towards mid 2nd century?

So, once again over to you! Any pointers towards putting together my impression would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance. Fabius, many apologies for hijacking your thread!

Scott.
Scott Goring

Messages In This Thread
2nd Century impression - by scott - 09-04-2007, 04:34 PM
2nd Century impression - by scott - 09-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Re: 2nd Century impression - by Tribune Valerius - 10-03-2007, 01:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What type of Montefortino Helmet is suitable for Late Republic/Gallic Wars period? Corvus 4 1,006 11-13-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Corvus
  Where to get a gallic h/g type helmet? Virilis 5 2,474 08-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Virilis
  What type of helmet should one use with a Newstead lorica? JVL 18 4,614 12-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar