Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander\'s tomb : Last known location ?
Quote:Cemeteries in ancient Greek were called "SIMA".
The Keramikos cemetery in Athens was called "DIMOSIO SIMA" = public sign. I suspect too much para-phrasing here
Kind regards
That's true, what I have done is find some information that is strangely appropriate and led me to wonder if there was a connection.
Soma was used by the Persians.
Daksha was the Father of the wives of Soma, the Moon God, who favoured the daughter Rohini, so Daksha cursed him to die a lingering death. Soma's other wives asked him to be spared, so he only suffered periodically ....which accounts for the waxing and waning of the moon.
Interestingly enough, Dakshas daughter Sati or Dakshayani was reincarnated as Parvati 'daughter or princess of the mountains' - who married Shiva - known as the 'Destroyer' who brings about transformation from destruction.
The plant Soma, was thought to grow in the Paropamisus..
The drink and story of Soma, in Alexander's case, seem to be strangely connected, with the Soma in Alexandria being his supposed place of burial.
Sma or Sema, the Egyptian symbol or sign equates to the place of balance between light and dark or the Underworld and Upperworld. It also equates to the lungs and windpipe or the genitals.
The drink Soma was a form of Ambrosia that bought immortality....Sima, as you point out is 'sign'.
You can see where my thoughts are going here....Alexander was also emblamed in honey, which is classed as 'Ambrosia' the drink of the Greek Gods.
Honey was the tears of Ra, or Amen Ra 'hidden mouth' ...the Sun God and father of Alexander in his Eqyptian form...and King of Upper and Lower Eqypt.
The Pythia was known as the 'Bee of Apollo'
There are other strange connections such as both Amen Ra and Soma being connected with bulls, as was Shiva - the destroyer...hmmh .
Now...if I were looking for Alexander....I would be looking at Ptolemy and Serapis who I believe was based on Alexander....with a beard....!
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-

Messages In This Thread
alex\'s tomb - by Anonymous - 10-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Cleopatra - by Theodosius the Great - 10-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Alexander\'s Tomb - by Anonymous - 11-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Re: Alexander\'s Tomb - by Vincula - 11-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Alexander\'s Tomb again - by Vincula - 07-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Re: Alexander\'s tomb : Last known location ? - by Anonymous - 07-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Re: Alexander\'s tomb : Last known location ? - by Anonymous - 07-28-2005, 05:57 AM
Re: Alexander\'s tomb : Last known location ? - by Arthes - 12-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Re: Alexander\'s tomb : Last known location ? - by Anonymous - 02-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Re: Alexander\'s tomb : Last known location ? - by Anonymous - 03-25-2007, 08:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Massive marble tomb dating to Alexander\'s time Theodosius the Great 8 3,509 11-16-2014, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Paralus
  Vergina tomb artifacts may have belonged to Alexander Theodosius the Great 27 8,800 05-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Kallimachos
  Greek tomb find excites experts - Dates to time of Alexander Theodosius the Great 6 2,232 02-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Last Post: hoplite14gr