Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New discovery: loricas segmentatas Leon, Spain
I am sure that this is going to be an old tune but in response to the earlier comment about centurions and segmentatas, I agree that it appears that there is no connection. However, in the latest book by D'Amato on Roman Centurions from 31 BC- 500AD, he gives evidence of a fragmented statue/sculpture where the soldier is wearing an attic style helmet, a segmentata and his sword on the left side.

I am not saying that the author's conclusion is correct or incorrect but he seems to suggest that in lieu of the sword's position, it could be a rare instant in which a centurion is wearing a segmentata.

Again, this is in response to an earlier post commenting on what the article in Spanish stated about who would wear what armor.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo

Messages In This Thread
Re: New discovery: loricas segmentatas Leon, Spain - by Doc - 05-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Re: New discovery: loricas segmentatas Leon, Spain - by topdump - 05-15-2012, 11:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leon Lorica Segmentata - Follow Up Question Vindex 12 3,882 05-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Nurglitch
  NEWSTEAD VERSION LORICAS...any updates?(formerly Corbridge) PartsandTechnical.com 7 2,196 08-31-2006, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Matthew Amt