Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project- Influences of Roman military on modern day riot control
Bryan, you can tell me that things I have seen and done on many occasions won't work until you are blue in the face and I am not going to believe you, because I have seen them and done them.

When you tell a unit to push right they don't break down into anything, and nothing I said would indicate they did, all they do is alter their line of advance slightly to arrive at a point to the right of where they would have arrived if they moved straight forward.

USMC Platoons of up to 50 people each I have trained heard words of command from the rear just fine, over the top of vehicle engines, role players chanting and screaming, missiles hitting their shields etc. Incidentally not once have the Marines ever questioned it when we tell them team and platoon commanders are going to be in the rear.

Our shield men in the front rank also do the vast majority of the fighting, especially when we move into open order. I have never seen an incident where the front rank became chaos because there wasn't a commander in the front rank. A commander that most of them wouldn't have been able to see any way.
Adam

No man resisted or offered to stand up in his defence, save one only, a centurion, Sempronius Densus, the single man among so many thousands that the sun beheld that day act worthily of the Roman empire.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Project- Influences of Roman military on modern day riot control - by Densus - 11-25-2016, 09:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Influences over pc/modern warfare/military Michael Hill 5 2,917 06-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Frank
  Roman military tactics in modern riots? Epictetus 15 6,722 01-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Thomas Aagaard
  MODERN DAY ARMY AND ROMAN INFLUENCES Anonymous 12 8,330 02-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Anonymous