Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project- Influences of Roman military on modern day riot control
(11-25-2016, 10:30 PM)Densus Wrote: I have never been a Marine.  My background, as I have told you before, is British Army.

I now teach crowd management for a US based company that has been hired by the USMC to provide what they call 'non-lethal operations' for both MEUs and an MSOB.

So you are instructing young hard charging Marine Infantry NCOs, most of whom are combat veterans, that its their role to not lead their men? Yeah, I'm sure that's going over well. 

So I guess once again we prove that assumptions don't work out. You assumed because you taught riot training tactics to USMC that reflect your beliefs that leaders shouldn't lead from the front, but the reality, what I'm trying to explain to you, is during real combat operations, either in training or real life, leaders do lead from the front. 

You still haven't answered the question I asked numerous times. If the centurion led from the rear, which Roman position was responsible for leading from the front? Or are we to imagine the Romans fought completely opposite of every single other military force in the history of humanity?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Project- Influences of Roman military on modern day riot control - by Bryan - 11-25-2016, 10:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Influences over pc/modern warfare/military Michael Hill 5 2,923 06-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Frank
  Roman military tactics in modern riots? Epictetus 15 6,733 01-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Thomas Aagaard
  MODERN DAY ARMY AND ROMAN INFLUENCES Anonymous 12 8,347 02-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Anonymous