Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE WAIT IS OVER!! Rome Total Realism 6.0 Released!
There was a hell of a lot of debate about the removal of the 'Imperial' style Roman troops. The RTR mod team argued that segmentata didn't appear until just after the mod's cut off date, but they were going on the idea that it didn't appear until the 30s AD. Others (eg me) pointed out to them that we now know that segmentata actually appeared earlier, but it seems they decided to leave it out anyway.

I'm playing a campaign as the Greeks and I'm finding the changes pretty good. It's slightly harder than 'Vanilla RTW', but the new 'Zones of Recruitment' etc seem to work well. The build times on some types of unit and buildings are longer, but I find this enhances things. The Gauls are much more powerful faction in this version - they even start the game with a province in Galatia. At the moment I'm finishing off the Macedonians, keeping the Ptolemies at bay and fighting a nasty naval war with the Carthaginians. I was allied with the Romans, but they just decided to stab me in the back, so a fleet with a large army is on its way across the Ionian Sea to spread fire and death in southern Italy.

Overall, very good. The new skins are nice and the custom battles are good fun. They stil have those stupid 'Berserkers' with their weird ice-pick weapons, but I think I've convinced the RTR team to take them out next time. They added the Germanic clubmen I suggested though, so I can't complain too much.

This will keep me happy until the 'Europa Babarorum' mod finally gets released.

Messages In This Thread
THE WAIT IS OVER!! Rome Total Realism 6.0 Released! - by Anonymous - 08-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Re: THE WAIT IS OVER!! Rome Total Realism 6.0 Released! - by Anonymous - 08-05-2005, 12:26 AM
Re: THE WAIT IS OVER!! Rome Total Realism 6.0 Released! - by Anonymous - 08-11-2005, 02:14 AM
Re: THE WAIT IS OVER!! Rome Total Realism 6.0 Released! - by Anonymous - 08-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Re: THE WAIT IS OVER!! Rome Total Realism 6.0 Released! - by Anonymous - 09-21-2005, 05:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,306 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,945 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 93,012 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67