Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman as Syrian archers, or in any miles role
Quote:As far as I know, there were no historical women Syrian archers. Period.
All I'll ask is this, "Why not REAL women archers?" I mean the Totally Real ones. One would think that a group of intelligent, historicity-bent, women would start a group called Sarmatian Women Archers. That idea, of course, is too simple, too realistic, considering the three millenniae of millions of Scythian, Saka, Sauromatae, Sargat, Wusun, Sarmatian, and Alanic, women who were actually archers. :whistle: Cool

I feel like this presents a good opportunity to introduce myself. I've been lurking on the Sarmatian threads for a while now, but I confess I was always too shy to join in!

To make a long story short, I'm a would-be female Sarmatian archer, and I recently started a private Google Group in conjunction with some other female Sarmatians. (We were split vote-wise between a Google and Facebook group, but since there's already a general Eurasian nomad group on Facebook, our other moderator thought we should go the Google route.)

It's actually for SCA people, since the idea came from Arite at the blog Sarmatian In the SCA, but she was kind enough to let me join even though I'm not in the SCA. Counting myself, we've got 6 members so far (all female) and a few others we sent invites out to that haven't responded yet. (We're forming a nice Amazon tribe! Big Grin )

So, rest assured, Alanus, there ARE some more Sarmatians out there!

Messages In This Thread
Woman as Syrian archers, or in any miles role - by Holly Herda - 09-06-2015, 08:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Syrian Auxiliaries tDub248 5 2,380 06-09-2009, 03:01 AM
Last Post: tDub248