Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World\'s End
Noooooooooooooooooooo! Confusedhock: :o cry: I want to go to Normandy next year!! no world's end please!! Not yet!!!

Tongue
Morrighan
(Linda)
Ok...

What if the LHC thingie does go catastrophic on us and the Earth is obliterated, next month, whenever. What are the bets that Hollywood will try to make a movie "based on actual events" and still get it wrong?

Ralph
crap..does this mean I'd have to cancel Romandays if the world ends?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:crap..does this mean I'd have to cancel Romandays if the world ends?

No, you don't have to. It will be done for you...
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:I believe the next test is October 21st.

Whenever it happens it could result in the perfect Zen Moment -- as I sit in my backyard under the lemon tree, wine cooler in hand, and watch as absolute nothingness approaches in the blink of an eye.

Or something like that... :roll:

:wink:

Narukami

What a relief, I'll be back from my holiday then. Not nice knowing you've forked out for Disneyland only to have wasted all that money Big Grin
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Another "end of the world" survived. in my 21 tears of Life I can remeber at least half dozen :lol:

The best was when Paco Rabanne closed his shops in Paris in August 1999 during the solar eclipse because the Spacial Station Mir was going to fall over and create an atomic blast. :roll:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Gravity. Where did it all go? Maybe we'll find out at last...
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:Ok...

What if the LHC thingie does go catastrophic on us and the Earth is obliterated, next month, whenever. What are the bets that Hollywood will try to make a movie "based on actual events" and still get it wrong?

Ralph

So true!

From the Studio that brought you
Space Chimp
Ghost Pimp
And next summer's big hit
President Simp

But this Christmas joins for the cinema event of a life time: The End of the World

Based upon a true story (only with better explosions!)

Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer
Written by Mel Gibson
Directed by Michael Bay

And don't forget the prequel due out next summer written and directed by George Lucas -- No Deposit No Return, sure to be a smash hit!

Book of the Film available from Del Rey
Music on Rhino Records
Action Figures from Hasbro
Video Game from EA
Lunch Box from Thermos
Available only at Big Buy Stores where all the World Saves.

:oops:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:Gravity. Where did it all go? Maybe we'll find out at last...
Actually I think it is some matter that is "missing". You may be missing that you might get madder if all that matters is the missing matter.
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
Quote:Actually I think it is some matter that is "missing". You may be missing that you might get madder if all that matters is the missing matter.
Quite right. So how will we dye our tunicae red now, since all textile workers know it's the madder that matters, and --
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
For all of those who would support the Big Bang theory(being a firm believer of Fred Hoyles' steady state theory) just what in H..... was there before it.
Brian Stobbs
Clearly something existed before the Big Bang and that 'something' brought about the preconditions necessary for the Big Bang, but the nature of that 'something' is TBD.
L. Cornelius Scaeva (Jim Miller)
Legio VI VPF

"[The Romans understood] it is not walls that protect men but men that protect walls" - Strabo
http://www.cyriak.co.uk/lhc/lhc-webcams.html

Wink

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:
Tarbicus:a2wuep3j Wrote:Gravity. Where did it all go? Maybe we'll find out at last...
Actually I think it is some matter that is "missing". You may be missing that you might get madder if all that matters is the missing matter.

Nope, it's gravity. Why do you think you can actually stand up? By rights, given that all forces were created equal in the first place, the vast majority of gravity is just simply missing and we should all be flat bits of bloody pulp. I believe it all gets very quantum and messy, and string theory's in there as well... I think.

IIRC.

Theoretically.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Nope I firmly believe what Hoyle put foward "The Steady State Theory" for matter is indestructable, hence the Universe just goes on and on always did and always will. Infact even when all of we have been blown to bits by a bunch of Nutters in the Alps.
Brian Stobbs