Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT visit Cologne
Depends on what Andreas does and if I can get a babysitter for the day.. For the kids, of course <p>Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert<br>
[url=http://www.fectio.org.uk/" target="top]fectienses seniores[/url]</p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Dear all,<br>
<br>
the exhibition in the Römisch-Germanisches Museum in Cologne has opened a while ago and is definitely worth the visit. Highlights for the roman military enthusiast are<br>
<br>
- the new tombstone of a soldier with full size representation, found December last year in Cologne, and<br>
<br>
- the original front piece of the magnificently preserved Xanten torsion catapult, together with a reconstruction of the whole piece.<br>
<br>
Not sure if I can be there myself; seems I have to go to Austria that weekend... but we'll see.<br>
<br>
Greetings,<br>
<br>
Martin <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=magisternavis>Magister Navis</A> at: 3/22/05 5:54 pm<br></i>
Hi Martin,<br>
Would be fun to see you there. In fact, it's very much overdue! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
So how's about this:<br>
-arrival about 12.00<br>
- meet up at the museum's entrance<br>
- have lunch somewhere to get to know eachother<br>
- visit museum<br>
- either visit bar or go back home<br>
<br>
<p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
i agree with these terms<br>
<br>
12 o´clock i fine with me as i have to come all the way from Vlaardingen.<br>
<br>
Jasper, perhaps we, the dutchies, could meet in Arnhem? <p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
A great flame follows a little spark.<br>
Dante Alighieri,The Divine Comedy<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Good plan. Robert can't come, but Sander probably is, so we'll be three. If one of us orders the tickets together, we'll have the benefit of that discount, always good. I'll be leaving for Capri tonight to argue about the marines, so maybe one of the others can do that. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
i´ve checked the site of NS.<br>
i must confess, ever since i got my compagny car i´ve stoped using NS so i need some help here.<br>
<br>
- do any of you have any reduction cards or something like that?<br>
- APEX 3/7 8 - i have no idea what that is?<br>
- to Cologne we must use the train of 9:14 at Arnhem (which arrives at 10:41 at Cologne)<br>
- back to Arnhem: the last ICE back departs at 19:18 form Cologne, after that its about 3 hours by train...<br>
<br>
if i read the info correctly, the cost is 53 euro p.p. (now i know why i´ve stoped using the NS..)<br>
<br>
BTW - if parking is not a big problem and someone knows Cologne, perhaps we could go with my car? (perhaps a stupid idea but ...) <p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pelgr003>pelgr003</A> at: 3/29/05 4:18 pm<br></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
I haven't been to Cologne for years, but I'm sure the parking fees are fatal<br>
<br>
12:00 at the museum sounds fine. If you arrive about an hour earlier it is also no problem. <p></p><i></i>
Florian Himmler (not related!)
I've asked around. Apparently parking under the Dom is usually not a problem and about E20,-/day <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
OK, ± 20-30 euro vs 153 euro..<br>
<br>
Jasper, Sander - perhaps with my car? <p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

Hi all,<br>
<br>
will be there, too - but not for long because I have to be somewhere else in Cologne at 15:00h. But will be enough for meeting up, lunch and a short visit (again, for me) in the RGM. Looking forward to see you all!<br>
<br>
Best,<br>
<br>
Martin <p></p><i></i>
Great plan Jeroen! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hi all,<br>
<br>
I'll be arriving with the train at a little before 11h. Anyone else arriving at that hour?<br>
<br>
Hans <p></p><i></i>
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
Jasper,<br>
<br>
i´ve sent you a mail <p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

We should be there slightly later Hans, but you could visit the Cathedral for istance. I mean, it's not like Cologne is a village in the middle of nowhere Wink
See you Saturday! Looking forward to it!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys