Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events that allow women portraying soldiers?
I'm impressed DiAnne. I'm just starting in the smith's shop and it's blinkin' hard work!!

And I must be getting hypnotised by this thread as I thought Brent Neilsen said Brigit Neilsen Confusedhock: Confusedhock: and I was about to run for the hills...(my apologies Brent, no insult meant to you; just my dodgy eyesight.)
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Thanks! Smile It is hard work, but it's super fun and satisfying when it's done.
Vindex: I am a former bouncer and rugby player with scars to prove both! BTW it is 'Nielsen'! LOL! Buy my book and all is forgiven! :lol:
Brent Nielsen says: I am not certain but Legio VI and their partners Legio IX out in the Capistrano area of Southern California might be cool with it. I believe they do a 2nd Century AD impression and would most likely welcome the 'captate' of young tiros mixing with veterans! They recently had a headcount problem for an event and attended not as soldiers but refugee women and children. They need bodies!If you folks are in Europe this may be impractical but you asked and I am a social member, so there ya go! Check out my book when ya get the chance! I do a little writing for the VI Legion too!
That is impressive work indeed Dianne!
Much like your sculptures! 8-)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:as no one can actually point out who does not allow woman to portray soldiers!
It's them, GJC, those misogynistic miscreants over there! (Points )
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Vindex: I am a former bouncer and rugby player with scars to prove both! BTW it is 'Nielsen'! LOL! Buy my book and all is forgiven! :lol:

<gulp> <grovelling> ...not only an insult but a mispelled one too! eek! And you sound WAAAAAY bigger than me!

Off to google your book... :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I just completed a sequel and started the third in a proposed series about the careers of Gaius Crastinus, Lucius Vorenus, and Titus Pullo. Book one:as tiros the three teenagers are assigned to the same contuburnium with Septimus Bacculus, future mutineer Clustinus, and T.Flavius Petro (grand father to Vespasian). Pullo and Vorneus' famous feud begins here! After completing their training, a posting to the frontier between Hispania and Lusitania is cut short when their Legion VIII (NO NOT THE IXth!)is sent to Italia to help put down the Catlaline Rebellion. Petro's sister, Nina Petra accompanies him...wait for it...disguised as a calone!
I got off topic...Petro's sister Nina Petra accompanies him...wait for it...disguised as a calone!
Are there not copyright issues there?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
I thought Brent Neilsen said Brigit Neilsen Confusedhock: Confusedhock: and I was about to run for the hills

Vindex, shame on you...... it's 'were about to run for the hills', not 'was about' :mrgreen: :razz:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Vindex post=296946 Wrote:I thought Brent Neilsen said Brigit Neilsen Confusedhock: Confusedhock: and I was about to run for the hills

Vindex, shame on you...... it's 'were about to run for the hills', not 'was about' :mrgreen: :razz:

:oops:

Big Grin
Moi Watson

Gaius Julius Caesar wrote:

Are there not copyright issues there?

How do you mean? Pullo and Vorenus? They are public domain...they really lived!
I arrived late...but I would like to say that my group doesn't have any problem with this...

Now prove that Roman women didn't had beards :twisted: It wasn't too late to show that photo :roll:
[Image: COH%252520I%252520GALL%252520Santander2011_66.JPG]
Now more seriously, in our group since it was founded, women have been in the ranks. When someone asked, we said that no, women weren't legionaries, but we are a XXI century group and we do this for fun. And about shape differences...spot the women, then...before they kill you :twisted:

[Image: COH_I_GALL_tarracoviva2011_40.JPG]

If all this "fit, not fit" is ever encouraged, no napoleonic group can be close to the historical average soldiers...those that we are in the age of being a levy we cannot pay the uniforms or the guns!
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
The issue has not yet presented itself to our group. But we ought to try to make some kind of guidelines in advance of the question, seems like.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.