Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reference Book
I think angus' work was pretty good! :?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I think angus' work was pretty good! :?
Me, too. (I especially liked the wee birds that cropped up as onlookers in some of his paintings. Smile )
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
...I'll add my voice to those who are not Angus McBride fans ! His figures started off ill-propotioned and got worse over the years.
Eventually they were squat, ugly, neanderthal dwarves. Yuk !! :evil:
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Well such matters are up to everybody's personal opinion.I don't like McBride either,but that's not the point.The point is that his paintings are not accurate enough.I have seen not one painting of his where there is nothing serious to critique-basic matters like the shape of a porpax,or the macedonian shield in the time of Alexander oeven the linothorax at the time of Alexander etc etc.Appart from everything else concerning how talented he is in painting,I don't recomend books illustrated by him,if one is looking for detailed drawings based on actual finds.
Khairete
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]