Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-enactment survey
The Roman army - mad. They were all bonkers Big Grin

You gotta love 'em.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
There are so many views on this topic, but few responses on my survey. Come on, this thing doesn't hurt nor are there any negative effects according to you. It just would help me, writing my dissertation.

bene vobis

christian
Quote:
Vortigern Studies:p8rzwbmg Wrote:S. batavus, pl. Batavi. :wink:
That's what I said :wink:
Quote:Whhaaaaat did that puny little legionary just say!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Uh oh, Martin's gonna scratch my eyes out when he sees me.

Surely you mean batter you with his weaving loom? :? lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
You can call us 'Sisters', brother but remember its the Batavians (lEarly & Late) who wear the trousers Big Grin D
Semisalis Abruna of the Batavi iuniores Britanniciani
aka Nick Marshall
You will notice in the story of the dispute between the Legionary, and a cohort of Battyvians, the Legionary was defending a citizen of the empire, while the batavians were reverting to their norm, being barbarians! :wink:

Actually, these were just cooking fires left burning....... Tongue
The batyvians probably used them to torch the town once the Preatorians left, finding it easier to lift a brand than to continue swinging their handbags!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Christian: Gruss Gott!

Thank you for your survey. Very interesting. I look forward to the results of the survey & your dissertation.

We missed each other by a few decades. Sad ) lol: Nah, so geht das leben... Bis spaeter. Schuss! 'a
AMDG
Wm. / *r
Quote:You can call us 'Sisters', brother but remember its the Batavians (lEarly & Late) who wear the trousers Big Grin D

Too right!! :lol:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
Semisalis Abruna:2lo2g2ls Wrote:You can call us 'Sisters', brother but remember its the Batavians (lEarly & Late) who wear the trousers Big Grin D

Too right!! :lol:

Yes, a very effeminate form of dress! True men wear tunics! And bare legs! Tongue
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Well said. :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:True men wear tunics! And bare legs!

You forgot to add the word 'COLD'

True cold men......
Quote:Thank you for your survey. Very interesting. I look forward to the results of the survey & your dissertation.

We missed each other by a few decades. Sad I lived near Regensburg in 1982-1984. Smile Ich kann Deutsche doch, aber nicht zehr ausgesichnet! Laughing Nah, so geht das leben... Bis spaeter. Schuss! 'a

You are welcome Big Grin In the moment I'm hurrying around for some interviews to complete my survey. Therefore I took some lessons in medival sword fighting...from time to time science really hurts. But I can recommend, it's amusing.
1982...maybe too soon for a conversation, because my german has not been so good at this time :lol: Mama, Papa, Hunger!
But a beautiful city, isn't it? Maybe we will see us at some roman event!
Bis dann, Servus!