Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any evidence for pre-Roman hexagon shields?
Yeah, he made a good, long preface, describing the wholespread Iron Age background of shield types and constructions preceding Illerup deposit analysies. This book it's worth buying by any cost, I'd say.
The problem is, that I'm currently working out on the field, abroad and cannot get back to my library until the end of September...
Most of it, mainly Vaedebro issue, I do posses as a translated version into polish for my own purpose right in front of me on hardrive - there's nothing wrong to switch it back into so-called north-germanic english, but I'm afraid that would've included some misunderstanding - obvious matter caused by every compilation;-)) Especially from true barbar-barbaric, linguistic nightmare of Procopius Sclavini origin;-)
So then hold on for a moment, trying to find this book yourself, for me to send it in later as a private scan-copy, if U are truly interested - as far as I can see, original german version will suit U better.
Nevertheless give me a few days for a brief sort out these topic questions.
Greet. M.
Myslibor, in the illustration you show above, are the rows of holes (if they are holes) from tacks, perhaps to hold a rawhide cover on the front of the shield? Or are they something else?

Thanks for all the down-in-the-mud you're doing. We all profit from your efforts, sir.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.