Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Europa Universalis: Rome Demo Released!
Hey guys,
I've been waiting for Europa Universalis: Rome for a while now, and I'm sure I've seen it mentioned in RAT before.

Well it's the moment I've been waiting for - a demo!
Not quite the whole shemozzle, but it's getting there, it's to be released around April 15 - 20 in North America.

Here's the new article:
http://games.internode.on.net/content.p ... ws&id=2854

Hope you all enjoy it - I'm downloading it now.
Lucius Varenus.
Legio XIII
Ave Lucius Varenus! Your scouts have done good work in locating such a prize. I shall download this weekend. I know nothing about EU but so many people rave about it I think perhaps I should know more, so look forward to trying it out.

Have you had any more slave revolts under the great slave leader Neddius Kellius recently?

Cheers mate
Quintus
aka Guido Aston
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
Thucydides (471 BC - 400 BC)
Neddius lives on even in his death, the town of Artium, in the outback has recently had revolts with slaves and brigands looting and burning fires, the forum was attacked and all the artwork and amphoras were stolen. My precious wine! They demanded that Neddius be named a god. (Will keep you updated)

Sadly EU:R wont let me have the size as 1280X1024, I suspect it's a bug, as it crashes once I "apply" after going to a small black screen.

Will play it tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how good it is.
Lucius Varenus.
Legio XIII
Ave Varenus! Well I downloaded it, installed (twice) but all I get is a dialog box when I try to load the game that says it won't start up because d3dx9_35.dll was not found! How have you got on with the download?
Cheers
Quintus
aka Guido Aston
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
Downloaded game...looks great but moves soooo sloooow.. Everytime I make a move the whole map redraws making the game unplayable... Kind of puts me off getting the whole game.
Martin
Quote:Ave Varenus! Well I downloaded it, installed (twice) but all I get is a dialog box when I try to load the game that says it won't start up because d3dx9_35.dll was not found! How have you got on with the download?
Cheers
Quintus
aka Guido Aston

This will fix your problem - http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f ... l?d3dx9_35
Follow the readme file in the .zip.

Quote:Downloaded game...looks great but moves soooo sloooow.. Everytime I make a move the whole map redraws making the game unplayable... Kind of puts me off getting the whole game.

Quite sad, maybe they'll release a better demo in coming days. I definitely will be trying a different demo if it's available, because what I've heard from this seems to be good, but the demo just denies all these good things.

I'll let you know how I go.

My installation was fine, no errors.
Lucius Varenus.
Legio XIII
Thanks Varenus. It now works and works very well. I have no problems witht he graphics. I think you need to know EU to get a hang of it. Seems very strategic and deep. I'll stay with it for a while and see how I get on.
Cheers
Quintus
aka Guido Aston
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

It requires the latest version of DirectX 9.0c; it is not compatible with DirectX 10.
Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,905 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome Total War: Europa Barbarorum Mod (Beta) Thiudareiks Flavius 8 2,650 02-09-2006, 07:25 AM
Last Post: emj1s
  Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion Demo Released Anonymous 10 4,699 10-15-2005, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Arthes