Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hitler\'s paintings
An interesting (and amusing) notice from Bild: newly discovered paintings by Hitler. As far as I know, April Fools Day is still a month away.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I read about this in the paper today as well and it brought back the memory of the fake diaries of Hitler. That's two absurd that he drew these dwarfs from a Disney movie.
Here's some of Hitlers usual drawings. He usually drew buildings, landscapes etc. He was apparently not very good at drawing people according to historians, and his attempts at faces came out lifeless and lacking soul and emotion, as you can see from a couple of attempts (including one included here of himself as a youth).

http://www.oskarschindler.de/Hitler/Report2.htm

I read he was paid once to do some artwork for 'Teddy's perspiration powder', but I would be very surprised at seeing any attempt by Hitler of cartoon characters, especially ones expressing such strong animated emotions such as the Seven dwarfs.
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Anything is possible, and as time passes we seem to discover more about the Second World War and that general time period.

However...

I agree with Medusa, this reminds me of the fake Hitler diaries. These drawings do not fit in with the body of his known work. If he had done these I'm sure someone would have told him to head to Hollywood and seek out Walt or his competitors.

Hitler in Hollywood -- sounds like a Mel Brooks movie.

World War Two is fascinating enough without invented stories.

:?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Looking at your link Memmia, I only recognise a couple of the pastals as hitlers, the others are far better than the rest....makes you wonder if they reflect his mental instability as he got older, or maybe just bad eyesight..... :?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:He was apparently not very good at drawing people according to historians, and his attempts at faces came out lifeless and lacking soul and emotion, as you can see from a couple of attempts (including one included here of himself as a youth).
Still, I think that he ought to have been accepted as a student by the Kaiserliche und königliche Akademie der bildenden Künste in Vienna... Did anybody see Tabori's play Mein Kampf?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:Did anybody see Tabori's play Mein Kampf?

No, but I would love to Big Grin

Edit: Damn! Didn't know he died last year Cry
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Quote:Looking at your link Memmia, I only recognise a couple of the pastals as hitlers, the others are far better than the rest....makes you wonder if they reflect his mental instability as he got older, or maybe just bad eyesight..... :?

From what I have read Adolfs artwork dropped off drastically when he took office.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Could be...all the docuemtaries or media coverage of his work always showed the lower quality work, none of his better stuff, and, surprisingly, he was quite good! Confusedhock:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:, surprisingly, he was quite good! Confusedhock:

Being one that loves controversy, and a good argument, I have tried to find a good print of on of Adolfs paintings, just so I can display it in my den. :twisted:

I would like to see the reaction of people when they admire it, and I tell them who painted it.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The ultimate Hitler parody Jona Lendering 19 5,078 11-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Simplex
  Hitler´s Nightmare.... caiusbeerquitius 1 1,036 11-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Narukami
  Adolf Hitler is still alive! Eleatic Guest 35 6,971 11-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jeroen Pelgrom