Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh-oh Super 14....
So... Setanta Sports is broadcasting a ton of Rugby right now. Magners, Super 14, 6 Nations.... some reruns, Gaelic too btw!

I find myself being drawn into Super 14's.... I like it.

Anyone else? Opinions??

Sean (Hibernicus)
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Its pretty windy today....oh, sorry did you mean about the rugby...... :roll: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Windy.. arh arh arh!

Seriously what do you northern hemispherers think about 14's

Sean
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Forward passes, free kicks for holding on, girly scrums...........gimme the Guiness Premiership any day!
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
So you don't like the proposed rule changes then,Barry? Smile lol: :lol:

Try and persevere...you'll find the standard of Rugby pretty high, and w..aaa..aay better than any Northern Hemisphere Provincial teams.

Sadly, my team (Queensland Reds) has slipped down the ladder in the last few years....and is taking a real pasting this season....the games are still worth going to, though!! 8) Big Grin
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Big Grin D D

Guess I just prefer the old stick it up your jumper Jeff Probyn/Dean Richards style of Rugby, whilst the girls in the backs brylcream their hair!

All joking aside I think any move to stop the game becoming a penalty shootout has to be a good thing!

As a Harlequins fan I know what it is like to follow a team on the slide, but we are bouncing back now with Dean Richards at the helm Big Grin
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Sulla wrote:-
Quote:All joking aside I think any move to stop the game becoming a penalty shootout has to be a good thing!

.......amen to that, brother ! Smile Rugby was, and hopefully will remain a running, Try-scoring game, with kicking points secondary......
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Yes indeed! I quite like the idea of having a "quota" of kicks at goal per game, say 4 per half you are allowed to kick at goal, the rest you must play. I think that kind of system would promote more adventurous rugby for sure.
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
"As a Harlequins fan "

Harlequeens....oh dear.....mind you, my club (firmly in the middle of NDP 1 on the other side of the Richmond roundabout) isn't exactly setting the world alight at the moment.... :roll:
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Hmmm..London Welsh?...did they ever set the world alight then??
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
"London Welsh?...did they ever set the world alight then??"

Well, we still jointly hold the record for the largest club contingent in the British Lions. Mind you, that was about 30 years ago....... :roll:

The beer and the singing are still good though!
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Big Grin D

To be honest there was much more beer and singing in the ND1 and I know most queens fans enjoyed it much more than the GP. Unfortunately I missed most of it Sad
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF