Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome Total War
I have always loaded RTW and patches 3 & 5, then RS. The game plays well. I am reading the above to say that I can load it over BI and access the features such as shield wall - am I right in this interpretation?
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
Thucydides (471 BC - 400 BC)
Wrong. The extra features need to be coded for, which they're not.
Tony
Modeller and skinner for Roma Surrectum, a mod for Rome Total War
Quote:Wrong. The extra features need to be coded for, which they're not.

What? As in other patches, or they have not been coded for at all, and are not available?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
RTR is one of the best mods I know, I didn't spend a year playing the mod, installing/uninstalling for nothing. I played some of my best campaigns with the 6.0, I was at the gates of Thessalonica and then came the 6.1 and my save was lost. Now only the memory remains Sad but it's a darn good memory.
Topi-Veli
Salus Rei publicae summa lex tibi esto
Quote:RTR is one of the best mods I know, I didn't spend a year playing the mod, installing/uninstalling for nothing. I played some of my best campaigns with the 6.0, I was at the gates of Thessalonica and then came the 6.1 and my save was lost. Now only the memory remains Sad but it's a darn good memory.
I've played RTR. Didn't like most of the unit skins (Spartan hoplites specifically). I did like the map, though. Northern Greece wasn't so barren...
Travis A.
Quote:
Fennia:3fqe4mva Wrote:RTR is one of the best mods I know, I didn't spend a year playing the mod, installing/uninstalling for nothing. I played some of my best campaigns with the 6.0, I was at the gates of Thessalonica and then came the 6.1 and my save was lost. Now only the memory remains Sad but it's a darn good memory.
I've played RTR. Didn't like most of the unit skins (Spartan hoplites specifically). I did like the map, though. Northern Greece wasn't so barren...
I didn't care that much about the unit skins, I liked the fact that there were more cities and the Auxilia system.
Topi-Veli
Seems the RS has that covered even beter though!! Big Grin
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi Guys

Just spotted this thread and am in need of help - firstly I am a dinosaur when it comes to computers ok????!! :wink:

I have just bought Rome Total War Anthology - when I install it seems fine - you get the box up then as soon as I hit "play RTW" the screen goes blank BUT the programme appears to be running underneath??????
Confusedhock: :? (

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!
Noli Nothis permittere te terere!!

Mark.
Hi Mark
Have you tried doing nothing for about a minute? It's a demanding game and lots of info needs to be loaded. It sometimes does take a while for the splash screen to appear.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Also, if there is a small box in the bottom task bar, which says Rome:total war, click on it.....

Mine does this occassionally....more so with the RS version though.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thanks chaps

Byron - have tried the little box at the bottom......no joy.

Jasper - I've not left it for over a minute... BUT..... this is the second disc I've got.... I took it back and changed it and installed the latest DIVX stuff, thingy, wotsit.... Iam sure it is not my machine??

Mark.
Noli Nothis permittere te terere!!

Mark.
Quote:Thanks chaps

Byron - have tried the little box at the bottom......no joy.

Jasper - I've not left it for over a minute... BUT..... this is the second disc I've got.... I took it back and changed it and installed the latest DIVX stuff, thingy, wotsit.... Iam sure it is not my machine??

Mark.
Do you have Vista? If you do, try running the game as the administrator

Quote:Seems the RS has that covered even beter though!! Big Grin
I've never tried RS, what is it like?
Topi-Veli
Excellent!

You can recruit govenors and generals, and it has distinct legionary troops and auxilliary after the marian reforms....but you can have fewer armouries....it is a more complex game.....

there is also proconsular and other ranking options, which I assume are assigned to the govenor of the region when you select it....

great new version of the game...

Some of the developers on here will be able to tell you more accurately of the features though.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Excellent!

You can recruit govenors and generals, and it has distinct legionary troops and auxilliary after the marian reforms....but you can have fewer armouries....it is a more complex game.....

there is also proconsular and other ranking options, which I assume are assigned to the govenor of the region when you select it....

great new version of the game...

Some of the developers on here will be able to tell you more accurately of the features though.
Sounds cool Big Grin
I have vague memories of RTR having similiar mods..is the marian reform event scripted? In RTR it wasn't.
Topi-Veli
In RS you actually have 2 reforms. The "Marian Reforms" of vanilla RTW are now called the "Imperial Reforms".
The Marian reforms are represented by the "very early legions", which you can train in Army Barracks (Large City). However, this is not a complete reform. It's just in the city you build these barracks, you can train them, but this does not affect your complete empire.
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,245 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,900 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 90,496 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM