Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did you choose your RAT-name ???
Quote:
Avatar:1fug9vqd Wrote:An avatar, in internet lingua, is the little picture that represents each and everyone in forums or chatrooms. But then you all knew that.

The words I leave in forums, along with what thoughts I share, are a written avatar of myself. Thus, I selected "Avatar" as my RAT name. Wink

So no, it has nothing to do with a certain TV show(which I was unaware of until about a year ago), nor the BattleTech 'mech, nor any other game. Or Hinduism, for that matter. Just FYI, since I'm tired of people assuming any of those are the source behind it.

There I was thinking you were just lazy and unimaginative! Tongue P lol:

You wouldn't be the first. Wink I even include it in my signature over at the Steve Jackson forums. Wink
"There are some who call me... Tim..."

Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat

"The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one! Good odds for any Greek!"
Was only kidding bud! couldn't resist tho'! :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Well, being a Murray I have always been called 'Muzza' (which is I think in linguistics called secondary rhotacism where a double 'r' is turned into a 'z' - please correct that if anyone knows for sure - but hence barry=Bazza, Garry=Gazza etc).

Getting back on topic :oops: , I have never really been a 'Muzza' (I prefer Mur as a nickname - like myrrh - delusions of grandeur!) but once at uni in the early 90s we were making up Japanese-esque names for each other and I got 'Muzzaguchi' which I liked and have used online ever since. (my other name early on was VMEBFAS - no one could understand it nor what it stood for - Victor Mature and Ernest Borgnine Film Appreciation Society - still only 3 members)

Another option was my name turned into heiroglyphs Mu-Ra which AFAIKR means 'mouth of Ra' - but I was never a fan of Egypt. And once I became a member with the name 'Sextus Julius Frontinus' (which is the only Roman name I would ever choose - see here and search for 'career and writings of Frontinus'- but I felt so utterly unworthy that I never returned to that forum and have been muzzaguchi ever since).

That was long winded and probably more about me than any of you ever wished to know.
Confusedhock: :lol:

Cheers

Murray
Murray K Dahm

\'\'\'\'No matter how many you kill, you cannot kill your successor\'\'\'\' - Seneca to Nero - Dio 62

\'\'\'\'There is no way of correcting wrongdoing in those who think that the height of virtue consists in the execution of their will\'\'\'\' - Ammianus Marcellinus 27.7.9
Quote:Well, being a Murray I have always been called 'Muzza' (which is I think in linguistics called secondary rhotacism where a double 'r' is turned into a 'z' - please correct that if anyone knows for sure - but hence barry=Bazza, Garry=Gazza etc).

Getting back on topic :oops: , I have never really been a 'Muzza' (I prefer Mur as a nickname - like myrrh - delusions of grandeur!) but once at uni in the early 90s we were making up Japanese-esque names for each other and I got 'Muzzaguchi' which I liked and have used online ever since. (my other name early on was VMEBFAS - no one could understand it nor what it stood for - Victor Mature and Ernest Borgnine Film Appreciation Society - still only 3 members)

Another option was my name turned into heiroglyphs Mu-Ra which AFAIKR means 'mouth of Ra' - but I was never a fan of Egypt. And once I became a member with the name 'Sextus Julius Frontinus' (which is the only Roman name I would ever choose - see here and search for 'career and writings of Frontinus'- but I felt so utterly unworthy that I never returned to that forum and have been muzzaguchi ever since).

That was long winded and probably more about me than any of you ever wished to know.
Confusedhock: :lol:

Cheers

Murray

Will you be testing us on it all later? Big Grin

Know what you mean about the Bazza/Gazza thing
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:Was only kidding bud! couldn't resist tho'! :lol:

And I was being ironic. Wink

Gods, sometimes writing is too limited when it comes to conveying meaning. Wink
"There are some who call me... Tim..."

Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat

"The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one! Good odds for any Greek!"
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:qg74qz9b Wrote:Was only kidding bud! couldn't resist tho'! :lol:

And I was being ironic. Wink

Gods, sometimes writing is too limited when it comes to conveying meaning. Wink

I usually come across short and angey..... :roll: oh wait a minute.... :roll: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel