Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did you choose your RAT-name ???
never thought about this :?:
MARCVS DECIVS / Matthias Wagner
1st born in my household, and my real name is Paul.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Quote:I'd really like to know why did you choose your RAT-names ...
Er ... because it's my name! Smile
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
From my favourite Roman - Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix. Utterly ruthless!
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
It was my nickname at university.
Ian (Sonic) Hughes
"I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others" - Thucydides, Peloponnesian War
"I have just jazzed mine up a little" - Spike Milligan, World War II
Mine just sounds a bit like my old maiden name. Smile
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
This has been my online name for almost 15 years .
Its pretty basic, I shave my head and have for years.
When I discovered my hair line was less receding and more in full retreat I decided to take a pre-emptive strike and have ever since.
Chris McVey
because when I registered on RAT I read a book about the crisis of the Republic. I couldn't think of a nick and the book was lying next to me, so I opened it and picked the first decent Roman name I came across which did not contain the word Caesar...

Now I'm stuck with the name of one of the mean guys who got murdered by his soldiers Cry
RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

DEDITICIVS MINERVAE ET MVSARVM

[Micha F.]
That'll teach you to spurn ol' Caesar! :roll: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
thanks for the input folks, really enlightening.

Quote:Despite picking a Goddess I don't have an ego problem, honest Big Grin [...] was the Goddess of death, corpses and other cheery stuff.
uhh, I'm better not going to mess with you. :wink: Big Grin

Quote:This has been my online name for almost 15 years .
Its pretty basic, I shave my head and have for years.
When I discovered my hair line was less receding and more in full retreat I decided to take a pre-emptive strike and have ever since.
really smart Big Grin lol:
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Quote:Now I'm stuck with the name of one of the mean guys who got murdered by his soldiers Cry
Cheer up. He'd be dead by now anyway. ;-) )
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
I'm using the Roman name I chose when I joined Legio VI VPF. I chose *that* name for a variety of reasons. First, I have a friend who's real name is Marcus Cornelius and thought that was a cool name, but I didn't want to use exactly that name; I'm a fan of Prof. Cornelius from the Planet of the Apes movie; I'm a fan of L. Cornelius Sulla, and I'm left-handed. Thus:

Lucius Cornelius Scaeva

As an added bonus there's a weak Star Wars reference within that name. Laudes to the first who can point it out.
L. Cornelius Scaeva (Jim Miller)
Legio VI VPF

"[The Romans understood] it is not walls that protect men but men that protect walls" - Strabo
Ceannt is my sirname in Irish (I am know in some Irishspeaking corners as Séan Ceannt, in english Shane kent and in roman corners Tibers Marius Celius .

Celius i think means very tall because i am 6f 4in 8)
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Dudicus stems from one of my 'nicknames' - Roman Dude, when I was with Higgins Armory Museum, and it's stuck. One of my friends coined the nickname "Dudicus" and that's stuck, too. So figured why not for RAT?

Titus Vulpius Dominicus is not historical, it is a construct from my paternal grandfather's name who fought in World War 2 (US Army, Pacific), and I wanted to 'honor' him.
(although I've been told Volpe is an 'old' Italian family name, and the family was apparently from Abruzzo region, not far from Rome, so it's possible... :wink: )

Although I have been considering taking a name attributed to Leg III Cyr historically, as two of our group's members have done.
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Quote:thanks for the input folks, really enlightening.

Libitina:2gb9m8t0 Wrote:Despite picking a Goddess I don't have an ego problem, honest Big Grin [...] was the Goddess of death, corpses and other cheery stuff.
uhh, I'm better not going to mess with you. :wink: Big Grin

Darn right :lol:
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~