Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurovision Song Contest
Ukraine, hrrrrrrr...... Greece, hrrrrrrr............
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:
Na Saighdiuir:2oltgn1u Wrote:Watched the first semi final last night. What a strange mix of the bizarre and downright boring!

True,true there was alot of weird stuff.Still we cant judge ,i mean we sent a sock puppet to represent us! Oh the indignity!

ps. sorry bout the above quote im not very computer orientated and cant quote something :oops: :oops:

Yes the puppet was... ummm.. different! :lol: I'm still waiting for you guys to enter "My Lovely Horse"..

"My lovely horse I want to hold you so tight, I want to rub my fingers through your tail and... love you all night"

It still makes me crack up when I think of Father Ted going "just play the f**king note" Big Grin

Oh, the quote thing. You can either click on quote on the top right of a post to quote the whole lot or there's a quote option when actually typing a message next to the bold, italic, underlined bit.

Dustin is cool. 8) I am 23 and i still find him funny 8)
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Quote:Although next year we could get an immigrant Eastern European to represent Britain- that'd cause a bit of a dilemma.

Joanne if you saw the selection for the Eurovision song you would have seen that UK actually had that choice this year. The song eventually chosen was voted out at first by the judges but picked by Terry Wogan as a wildcard which went on to win! There was a singer originally from Romania whose entry was in my opinion much better and more suited to the contest. But as the song would still have represented the UK would it have meant it got more votes, who knows?

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:Although next year we could get an immigrant Eastern European to represent Britain- that'd cause a bit of a dilemma.

We did that this year - the lovely Hind is of Maroccan descent. But of course it would have helped if any of the North African countries would have been among the voters... :twisted:

I mean, why not? This is supposedly a 'Eurvision' contest, but countries like Israel Confusedhock: or Azarbaidjan Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: are not really belonging to Europe, do they? :x

What's next? Kazachstan, Tadjikistan and Afghanistan, to boost the Turkish vote? Or Jordan and Iraq?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Ukraine, hrrrrrrr...... Greece, hrrrrrrr............

Well, I only caught the 10 second reprise at the end, but Greeces looked ok to me...... Tongue
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
In case anyone's wondering what on earth's being discussed, never realised how naff music really can get, or .... wants to download the tracks .... (uuuhhhmmmmm):

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/participants-2008
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Ok, now The Ukraine's song was a total rip off of Perrelli's "Hero". Don't you think?
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Unfortunately because our singer got 3rd place we will endure another bimbo contest next year :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I was very dissapointed that Finland didn't make it.

I stronly believe that this contest has degenerated into a sick joke :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Kind regards
Quote:Unfortunately because our singer got 3rd place we will endure another bimbo contest next year :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I was very dissapointed that Finland didn't make it.

I stronly believe that this contest has degenerated into a sick joke :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Kind regards

Your right there. it just about the show not the song or the singer. If it was we would win it again 8)
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Quote:I was very dissapointed that Finland didn't make it.

I have to agree. There's something adorable about Finnish metal / rock. 8)
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
I am a proud member of the Boycot Eurovision league, we absolutely Loathe the song festival.

therefore i have, luckily, not seen anything!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
I'm in that league too. It's quite comfortable there. And Robert, the border between Europe and Asia is usually considered to run right through the Caucasus range. So Azerbajian has a toehold in Europe. The Urals are even further east...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I will risk ire and say I have been a member of that organisation since I first saw the contest in the 70's....... Tongue
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Pitty our "fat" singer didn't had a better result. She had a good voice.
OMG. This competition makes me soooo mad.

I don't get the general public. The winner was awful, it made me cringe but I assume there's something wrong with me cos he's meant to be a "heart-throb" :?

Azerbaijan (screaming angels) did well enough to show some of us Europeans have a sense of humour. Poor Finland bombed too despite having an actual song and instruments. I really liked Bosnia and the freaky brother/sister thing. Possibly cos there's something Tim Burton-esque about them and the song was different.

Even Terry Wogan's commentry was boring, you could tell he was annoyed.

I'd comment on more songs but I ripped up my notes and ate them in rage.
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~