Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stonehenge Damage
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080522/t ... ad41d.html

News report about two men attempting to chip bits off Stonehenge. Luckily they didn't get to do much before security stepped in.

It drives me mad, how selfish are these brainless idiots.

There's similar at Old Wardour Castle near me (where some of Prince of Thieves was filmed). It's stunning and you can roam the ruins, climb up quite high but all over the place people have carved stuff like "Ems woz 'ere 2003" etc.
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
I'm just wondering if we could re-enact some Stonehenge human sacrifice with these scrotes at the centre of the first performance....... :twisted:
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Quote:I'm just wondering if we could re-enact some Stonehenge human sacrifice with these scrotes at the centre of the first performance....... :twisted:

I'm up for that! Big Grin My place, 8pm, robes and sharp pointy things not optional.
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Haha count me in those 'barbarian savages' of the modern stock drive me mad... argh! :twisted:
Nah.... under pretext of restoring and preserving.. a huge domed covering.. remove the original stones.. replace them with aged new stones.. and of course new stones to "resotre" the structure.. move the original stones to Mars....

Hiberconspirius Theorius
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Moronic scumbags.

Can I chisel out some souveniers with a hammer and rusty screwdriver from their bodies?
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Halfwits every where it seems.... :evil:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Can I chisel out some souveniers with a hammer and rusty screwdriver from their bodies?

I wanted to suggest the very same thing. How about taking a piece of them as big as they took from the monument? :twisted:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:How about taking a piece of them as big as they took from the monument?
:lol: :lol: :lol: ......shades of Shylock's "pound of Flesh" !! :wink:
...the worst cases I have seen are at Pompeii. Since the eighties large parties of school kids have been on regualr excursions to the site.....the result is predictable....."Claudio per Maria" grafitti'd in black paint across a delicate and already flaking priceless wall fresco. "Forza Milano!" daubed across another.... Cry Cry Cry

Doubtless all on RAT are of one accord on this subject.....
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Let's be more merciful. We'll let them be pilum catchers. The way many of us throw, they're moderately safe, but just the threat should be enough to make them sweat a little, eh? And it would give us some real-life experience, too. We could give them different kinds of scuta, and see what happens when they get hit by our pila. No questions then, no excuses.

:lol: 8)
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I imagine our accuracy would improve remarkably in this situation Dave!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Theres always going to be that type of person around no matter what!!A similar incident happened in Crete a few years back,some crowd actually destroyed a monument to fallen german paras.Just makes me sick!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Oooh! David! I like the way you think!

Pila and Ballista target practice! Niiiiice!

We'd need to take 'souveniers' of their feet first, make sure they don't run away. :twisted:
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
No, we just sow the fields with tribuli, and dig some lillies, and make sure it's in tall grass. Maybe a few blackberry brambles to make things interesting. :wink: Hey, think of the research we could gain!

Now who has a big backyard?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Its not that big but mine has a fairly high wall all a round it, plus we could 'borrow' the neighbours back windows for extra launching points!! :twisted:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roof on Stonehenge richsc 6 2,942 02-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Vindex
  Stonehenge Google Earth programme Caballo 2 1,644 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Rubico
  Stonehenge: new theories Caballo 4 2,783 07-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Libitina