Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accuracy of HBO Series: Rome (would like opinions before buy
Quote:
Dithrambus:2rwshtzr Wrote:
Phaichtos:2rwshtzr Wrote:Aside from goofy stuff like Simpsons and Futurama, ROME is definitely my favourite TV show of all time. It is just the perfect mix of everything! I agree it isn't perfect, but as mentioned, a 100% accurate portrayal of events just isn't possible. I didn't really mind the problems with the soldiers' appearance if I'm honest, because I've always felt that stuff was variable enough anyway that seeing it "wrong" isn't that big of a deal for me. I mean, WE notice, but 90% of the people who watch the show didn't, I'm sure. Maybe if they were wearing extras' costumes from "Band of Brothers" then we'd have a problem :lol:

Agreed, I wish HBO would restart the series, two seasons was simply not enough. Sad

Absolutely! Though once I heard they were trying to tie the storyline into the whole Christ saga or whatever I got a little scared about these guys' ability to keep on with it. Still, since most people don't really know the history of these things anyway, I don't see why they couldn't have shown more on Caesar's Gallic campaign or something, and the machinations back at Rome... the only thing holding this back I think is the money issue since battles are really expensive to shoot

If the producers should decide to continue the series, they should probably avoid the issue of the Crucifixion, they would almost certainly botch the story anyway. There is plenty of political intrigue, corruption and war in Roman history to maintain the series for years to come, without running the risk of becoming overly controversial and or offensive.

My .02 danari worth.

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad

Messages In This Thread
Re: Accuracy of HBO Series: Rome (would like opinions before buy - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Rome - by Graham Sumner - 06-06-2008, 03:55 AM
ROME - by Graham Sumner - 06-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Vorenus lives! - by Nomad661 - 06-26-2008, 11:52 PM
More Info on a Rome Feature Film - by Narukami - 12-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Re: - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Re: Accuracy of HBO Series: Rome (would like opinions before buy - by Dithyrambus - 09-25-2010, 02:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rome HBO series, last post look at these two pictures Woadwarrior 53 12,067 06-01-2006, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Rome HBO series Woadwarrior 19 5,179 05-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus