Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro 2008
Ahhhh...Van Basten?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Good job Germany!!! Nice game.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
When they bestow the world cup on the winning team, do they also give out Oscars to some of the soccer (football) players for their acting abilities? :lol:

Legion: TBD
Yesterday I was wondering, whether they also have an award for the best make up and the best eybrow-line... :roll:

It´s not that bad any more, Matt. It was really bad in the World championship 2006, but the EM shows a lot of fast and tantalizing games.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Yeah and Germany's back in buissiness Big Grin
Perdikkas a.k.a. Thorsten Schillo

http://hetairoi.de
yes
germany really confounded portugal by destroying their mental image of how the game was supposed to go. Portugal expected the germans to be on the defensive. I really loved it. Especially the first half!
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
Quote:do they also give out Oscars to some of the soccer (football) players for their acting abilities? :lol:
Seriously: sometimes I think choreographers ought to be added to the teams. Some elegant actions on the field are just splendid, aren't they? (Compare the two Van Basten goals I linked to above.)
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Yes! I'd definitely like to see more attacks like the 2-0 of Holland against the French. That was just stunning :!:

Quote:
Magnus:7jybvuqh Wrote:do they also give out Oscars to some of the soccer (football) players for their acting abilities? :lol:
Seriously: sometimes I think choreographers ought to be added to the teams. Some elegant actions on the field are just splendid, aren't they? (Compare the two Van Basten goals I linked to above.)

I thought you were referring to the "pretending to be badly hurt by foul play"-Oscar ;-) )
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Quote:When they bestow the world cup on the winning team, do they also give out Oscars to some of the soccer (football) players for their acting abilities? :lol:
Btw: if that's going in Christiano Ronaldos direction. After he got fouled in the first half Arne Friedrich (I think?) really stepped on his foot, so he had all reason to start rolling around in pain so late when he was already lying on the grass. But our commentator ignored that and blamed him for acting, which is also not very nice :roll:

Quote:
Magnus:37233go5 Wrote:When they bestow the world cup on the winning team, do they also give out Oscars to some of the soccer (football) players for their acting abilities? :lol:
Btw: if that's going in Christiano Ronaldos direction. After he got fouled in the first half Arne Friedrich (I think?) really stepped on his foot, so he had all reason to start rolling around in pain so late when he was already lying on the grass. But our commentator ignored that and blamed him for acting, which is also not very nice :roll:

yeah, was a foul ... but, the problem here is, that it took him an entire second to realize, that he had AAAWWWFUL pain ... sorry to say, but this was pretty plain and is unworthy for such an otherwise great football star ... you could clearly see it in the repeat where at first he looks baffled and then decides to show pain ... and oh wonder, as he realises that the game goes on, the pain disappears mysteriously.
anyway, many footballers from other teams do this, but this doesnt make it any better.
No, Friedrich clearly stepped on his foot after the foul while he was running away and Ronaldo was lying on the ground. And that was when he started to show pain. So he wasn't acting after all in my eyes. Unfortunately I can't find any Highlight Videos with that scene :wink:

Quote: Unfortunately I can't find any Highlight Videos with that scene :wink:
That's my problem, too. :lol: ... in my memories it's bit other ... but, I may be wrong of course.
Great game last night.Schweinsteigers and Postigas goals were out of the top drawer.Portugals inability to defend even the most basic of setplays proved crucial..i mean Kloses goal was shocking froma defensive viewpoint and what was the keeper doing for the third??Fair play for the comeback though,made for quite a dramatic finish!!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Quote:I thought you were referring to the "pretending to be badly hurt by foul play"-Oscar ;-) )
Like that famous "Italian football training clip"? :wink:
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro-English spyros 11 2,196 11-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Last Post: FAVENTIANVS