Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gentlemen (and Ladies), we\'ve got him!
Ah, he get a new event to become a batavian in a couple of weeks, at the Nijmegen festival Big Grin
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:And more taller than I've spected. Smile

Interesting that you expected a smaller stature! :wink:
But yes, he's tall, and not easy to prod with your shield! I repeatedly called for backup but failed to get help, pushing him along towards his new life in the legions! :twisted:
And between us we 'killed' a scutum.. Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:And between us we 'killed' a scutum.. Cry

Actually it was a brand new clipeus Cry
ALA I BATAVORUM
Yeah Gioi, what made you think I'm short? For one, Dutch people generally are tall(er), and I think it was clearly visible on early photos on RAT.

On the clipeus, yes, that's a lesson learned: don't tell two big guys to 'go at it' for the cameras. :oops:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Well, it was a hard lesson on ME, having made the Batavian clipeus for the Roman Festival according to the Valkenburg specs (6 mm), putting in the time painting it according to Adrian's specs, painstakingly stitching on the rawhide rim with half centimeter intervals and then having it destroyed by a first time Batavian and some Late Roman going head to head in front of the camera Cry
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Gerard is okay. He already walked again very soon after the 'accident'.

Indeed some charges on this day were not funny Sad The director didn't know the word 'safety' for sure.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Actually, it was a proper shabbles! There was to be no full contact interaction in the script, Cordvs went through the script very well with the first director, and they had worked out a very nice sequence with the Romans being put to flight just as Tacitus had described it. This involved only one contact shot under very controled circumstances.
However, a new director came in, wanted to add some "personal flavour" and completely changed the script, making things up as she went along. In the end, Gerard took a bad fall during a mock charge, Jasper tripping over him and luckely not carrying something lethal! That was after Jasper and Robert had turned a display clipeus into junk in a bout of shieldbashing. For those interested in safety, that hasta the young man in the front is holding was SHARP (point and edges) Cry
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Quote:
Jona Lendering:vsqkvzc6 Wrote:Ahem, am I the only non-reenactor that is left? :oops:
You'd look great in a toga Jona!
I think the toga will look very great when it surrounds my waste. :wink:
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Well, actually Jona, I think my toga will fit you very well being of slender build myself.
You're welcome to try it on....
Wim / Cordvs
Pvblivs Cordvs
(Wim van Broekhoven)
CORBVLO
Quote:
Quote:Gerard (Civilis) had a nasty fall during a charge, but it looks he got away with a nasty sprained leg muscle.. Crying or Very sad

Oh I read too fast!.....I thought that Jasper killed him, couldn't figure out who he was, for instance I thought that Jasper put his foot on it ,he look very guilty in the last two pictures :lol:

Hope the getlement is alright, that was not funny Sad

I'm alright, only my ego is broken down
[size=150:1eo9aiz4]errare hvmanvm est[/size]

ALEXANDER TIBERIVS MAXIMVS
Gerard Schotgerrits

CORBVLO
All looking great!

The furry helmets seem to have been busy breeding!! :wink: Confusedhock: Nice work on those Robert!

AND... Robert V in 1st C kit too!!

Gerard - you look very formiddable as Civilis! even down to the eyepatch!
Looking foward to seeing you and Jurjen on Saturday!