Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How very true....
Quote:
Libitina:3gth4stm Wrote:And eww. Cake and poo should never go together in a thread.

True enough.

But this is a Roman Forum and the ancient Romans were a practical and pragmatic people to a fault. If anyone could combine too more unlikely partners as those listed above then certainly it was the Romans.

Confusedhock:

Narukami

Big Grin

So long as it were for building houses or as a biological weapon and not on the menu.
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:
Quote:We still have those pink cookie like things so beloved and consumed by the modern Batavians..
[Image: 104350_glace_original.jpg]
These? I'd say opinions are divided about their loveliness...

Roze Koeken are LOVELY!
[Image: rozekoek.jpg]

Of course, there is a blue version..
[Image: blauwe_koek_artist_impression.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hmmmm...blue eh...?

All we need is a Green and White version and we have all the Roman tunic / shield colors covered. Well, sort of...

The cookies honor Rome.

You see -- Rome lives!

Confusedhock: :roll: :oops: :?

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
I'm not sure how I feel about blue cake :? It seems so wrong.
Kat x

Quote:I'm not sure how I feel about blue cake :? It seems so wrong.

Some time ago some of my fellow chemistry students and I made blue and green chocolate. That's more wrong then a blue cake, I guess... But it's a nice way to welcome some new students to the chemistry department of the university.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:
Libitina:3f04ykvq Wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about blue cake :? It seems so wrong.

Some time ago some of my fellow chemistry students and I made blue and green chocolate. That's more wrong then a blue cake, I guess... But it's a nice way to welcome some new students to the chemistry department of the university.

Was it edible? What did you use to get those colours? If we could have made coloured chocolate at school we wouldn't have dropped it the moment we hit 16! Big Grin
Kat x

Actually we just used of the shelf color pigments for cakes, which, at least here in the Netherlands, you can buy at the bigger supermarket. No big deal.
ALA I BATAVORUM
I want some!! Blue of course. I have some green choc right here already. :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Ummm...

I know this thread is about gasoline prices and chocolate but...

Since it's summer no one has maybe thought about the areas where oil is used for heat. This should hit some people bad. The colder it gets the more oil used.

Maybe global warming is then a good thing?

Ralph I.
Quote:Since it's summer no one has maybe thought about the areas where oil is used for heat. This should hit some people bad. The colder it gets the more oil used.
Trouble is, when it gets hot, I need some oil to protect myself against the sun. Sort of rules out each other, I'm afraid. :wink:

Seriously (sort of): following up a clue from Curtius Rufus about protection against the sun, I've once tried olive oil, which is amazingly effective.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Olive oil can be used as a sun screen???

Legion: TBD
Hmmm, it's good for light and heating.....but sunscreen.... :?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Ummm...

I know this thread is about gasoline prices and chocolate but...

Since it's summer no one has maybe thought about the areas where oil is used for heat. This should hit some people bad. The colder it gets the more oil used.

Maybe global warming is then a good thing?

Ralph I.

I read an article which was completely genuine on a UK site saying if this global warming continues the UK could turn into the Mediterranean. For me this would be rubbish, I don't the heat and I'd have to migrate North Big Grin ?

As for heating prices etc it's always in our papers. Something about gas bills rising from £600 - £1000 a year for the average family in the next few months (I didn't read it properly - too scared!). We'll probably go down the route of slippers/lots of jumpers and just heating the lounge which is easy to type at the moment as it's a mild, albeit rainy, July morning!
Kat x

Quote:Hmmm, it's good for light and heating.....but sunscreen.... :?

Quote:Olive oil can be used as a sun screen???

He's trying to kill us.. one by one.. Confusedhock:
Kat x

Quote:Olive oil can be used as a sun screen???
Yep. It's smelly, but it works.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website